cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Can't open after reset to factory settings

I want to give my S8 phone to a friend, as I have another phone now. After reseting it and starting it I get the following message "This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a google account that was previously synced on this device" as I am logging in, my email and passowrd are correct, I enter my phone number, receive confirmation, but in the end it says there was an error and I should try again. This happens over and over. Please advice.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Can't open after reset to factory settings

I don't know how I could help but

before you factory reset an android device and give it away you want to remove accounts that are on the device first, so that when the other person receives it they can sign it without you having to sign in using the accounts that were on it.

Did you have any other google accounts connected with that device, if so try signing in with with the other ones. It should of most likely used the first email you gave it when you first got that phone

I did the same thing and gave my s8 to my friend but it worked when I signed in
Highlighted
Constellation

I had only one account on this device and once I enter my email and confirm that it is me, i get an error saying "that there was an issue at the moment and that I should try later again". And this happens again and again

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello,

I recommend reaching out to our Samsung Accounts team to further assist you. They can be reached directly at 1-855-795-0509.

Highlighted
Constellation

I will try to contact them. Thank you.