cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userJY8XIHRq4x
Constellation

Can't return phone to Samsung for repairs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A week or two after I got my S8, from Samsung Direct Sales (online), the mic stopped working. Tried multiple fixes, sat on the phone for an hour with a rep, went to Best Buy for a Samsung Experience rep to mess with it; nothing worked. Sent phone back in to Samsung under Samsung Premium Care. Phone was returned, unrepaired, because I didn't send in a Proof of Purchase. I HAD sent in my online receipt, but they gave me the wrong email address. Opened a second repair ticket, they gave me a different email address. Ticket closed again because they gave me the wrong address again for Proof of Purchase submission. Opened a third ticket and verified with online chat the address for Proff of Purchase submission. Sent PoP in and waited a day to check the status. I was told that my online receipt, FROM SAMSUNG, was not a valid Proof of Purchase. Argued with Repair for a while and they had me call Sales. Called Sales and argued with them for 10 minutes because they insisted that the online receipt I had was the only sales document/proof of purchase they produced.

Repair department will not accept my phone without a proof of purchase that includes the IMEI and customer name. The receipt Samsung sends does not have an IMEI number on it, and apparently such a document does not exist in their systems. Repair told me to try sending an activation receipt from my provider. That would be great if i was getting first time service with my new phone or had bought it from them and was on a payment plan. As it is, ATT does not associate your IMEI with your service on your bill unless you purchase through them or are paying the phone off with them on an installment plan (I spent another 30 minutes on the phone with my provider to see if they had any documents that might meet the requirements; they did not).

I would highly recommend against purchasing from Samsung Direct Sales, and if this is the hassle one can expect from Premium Care, I would recommend that you do not waste your money on that service either. They require ridiculous amount of documentation to process a repair, and depending on how you purchased your phone, said documentation may not exist that meets their criteria. It has been about two months since I purhased my phone, and as far as I can tell, the third repair ticket was closed as well because I haven't received any shipping labels, again.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that Samsung will not repair a phone, that I bought from Samsung, because I don't have paperwork their own sales department does not provide, or that the receipt they did provide me is not sufficient to prove that I legally obtained the phone.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userJY8XIHRq4x
Constellation

Re: Can't return phone to Samsung for repairs

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update**  After many phone calls and opening a total of five repair tickets, the repair department finally accepted the documents I had sent them as a proof of purchase and are repairing my phone, ONLY after one of the moderators from this forum got involved and was communicating with repair on my behalf. I think it has been about a month and a half since my phone stopped working correctly and I initiated the repair process.

All I can say is good luck to anyone else who has a defective product purchased directly from Samsung...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can try to look into this for you here. Can you shoot me a PM with your ticket numbers please?

Let me know, I want to help. This sounds beyond aggravating. :/ 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userX0bdopxvTz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I need help cause I'm having same issue.

userJY8XIHRq4x
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update**  After many phone calls and opening a total of five repair tickets, the repair department finally accepted the documents I had sent them as a proof of purchase and are repairing my phone, ONLY after one of the moderators from this forum got involved and was communicating with repair on my behalf. I think it has been about a month and a half since my phone stopped working correctly and I initiated the repair process.

All I can say is good luck to anyone else who has a defective product purchased directly from Samsung...

View solution in original post

banjolady
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i am going through this now. i sent back my s8 active on aug 30 2019, rec'd sep 2.. on sept 5 got a call to give my cred card as my phone out of warranty--purch mar 2018. gave my CC# and then on monday they call for POP. i dont have tthe receipt--got phone from ATT retailer and the store changed hands and they dont have the records. i sent them an ATT bill with the date of installment plan for the g892A that shows it is the beginning of the installment plan for financing  of the phone,  then i found the cred card bill which shows a debit for ATT store on same date. i had gotten all the way up to case mgmt and they promised that they would give me another day-they had threatened to send it back unrepaired this afternoon. now the text says the repair is cancelled

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @banjolady,

Thanks for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustrations regarding this. Can you send a private message here providing a ticket number so I can further look into this?

userVwsLYtTL8I
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I have a similar issue, as the main problem, and I'd be glad if someone could please help us, before we get in touch with Better Business Bereau. 

About a month ago, my Galaxy S10 Plus started turning off by itself and eventually stopped turning on at all. I was able to contact samsung at first, and they've created a ticket for me and gave me a shipping label to send it to samsung repairs. Next week after that, the phone was returned unrepaired, because they needed a Proof of Purchase. So I contacted samsung the second time, and they gave me an email to send my receipt (which is an online receipt, because I bought the phone from Samsung.com), and I was told I will get a call with further instructions in 2-3 business days. One week goes by, and I contact samsung the 3rd time, and they tell me that my ticket was cancelled, and to send the Proof of Purchase to the same email again, and they will again call me in a few days. And the story just keeps happening again and again. I've already contacted Samsung 5 times, and they won't accept my only Proof of Purchase, and will not get back to me to have the phone fixed. Besides it being very frustrating that the phone is not currently turning on and working, the phone is also currently FINANCED through Samsung FInancing, and we're just paying for nothing at this point.

userNQK9LaLJqF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Man I really wish would of seen all these sent my tab s6 in they tell me can get up to date info on the repairs s soon as they get it well been there since monday and on website still doesn't even show got there but I called and all was told is they got it monday at 10 am and still nothing and trying chat with service was Terrible just calling the repair place them like wasnt even Samsung I dont know maybe just nervous lot of money just spent like 1 month ago and already this

Highlighted
Samsung_Y6ORDQy
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's so crazy, lame. glad I read this before I started my process with Samsung, now I won't even bother I don't have time to waste