cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userhhtaoSHjeV
Asteroid

Can't send or receive image msg after the software update.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Is anyone have idea when this bug going to be fixed???
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: Can't send or receive image msg after the software update.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Do you have data enabled and connected? My wife's S8 cannot send MMS images over WiFi in the stock Messages app, but can do so in Textra or over data. This did not affect my S9.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Do you have data enabled and connected? My wife's S8 cannot send MMS images over WiFi in the stock Messages app, but can do so in Textra or over data. This did not affect my S9.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic

View solution in original post

userhhtaoSHjeV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes, after the update that I have turn on n. off every time if I need to sent MMS thru messages. 

I didn't purchase unlimited data, so I would rather use wifi to process the MMS message in the future. 😞

userRYQpz0RFDS
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem, and I figured out how to fix it on my phone, your problem could be different. Do you have an unlocked phone? Mine is, and I suspect this causes the APN setting to default to basic settings where MMS (pictures messages, multiple recipients) is disabled. Maybe this can happen on branded phones too.

I went to my carrier's site (Ting) and found a page that explains how to set this up. On the phone this is under Settings - Connections - Mobile networks - Access Point Names. Tap "Add" and input the correct settings. Not all settings are needed, just the ones they give you.

Call Me Bruce
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRYQpz0RFDS wrote:

I had the same problem, and I figured out how to fix it on my phone, your problem could be different. Do you have an unlocked phone? Mine is, and I suspect this causes the APN setting to default to basic settings where MMS (pictures messages, multiple recipients) is disabled. Maybe this can happen on branded phones too.

I went to my carrier's site (Ting) and found a page that explains how to set this up. On the phone this is under Settings - Connections - Mobile networks - Access Point Names. Tap "Add" and input the correct settings. Not all settings are needed, just the ones they give you.

Sounds like what Xfinity was trying to walk me through but everything was greyed out and said there was nothing else that could do until Samsung fixes it. Let the 6 month waiting game begin...

userhhtaoSHjeV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They told me the exactly the same thing. 

😫😞

Now, I have to turn on/off the data manually if I want to sent the MMS thru the messages. 

userhhtaoSHjeV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tks for the reply. 

I followed your instructions and found " add" bottom/option. But, it's locked.  

My network provider is Xfinity. 

StonerMonkeyz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It could be a glitch some users have reported. Go ahead and perform a "forced reboot"

By pressing the power and the volume down button. Hold until you see the device power off and feel it vibrate. Then let go of both buttons..

Go into your messager and try to send a picture to yourself. If it doesn't work I'll walk you through the next part