cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Can't send text message after switching to this phone on Sunday.

I have been unable to send text messages and/or recieve text messages after i put a different sims card into this phone on Sunday after previously having a S7 edge

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can't send text message after switching to this phone on Sunday.

Have you tried updating both profile and prl under system updates in settings?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't send text message after switching to this phone on Sunday.

Hey, I can see how this can be frustrating to deal with. Here are some things you can take a look into.

• Clearing the cache for the app. Clearing the cache is a soft reset for the app without erasing the information.
  • Check if the software is up to date. You can go into the play store and make sure that your apps are up to date
  • you can reset your network settings on your phone.
  • You can try putting your phone in safe mode. Basically, the safe mode is an environment where you debug faulty applications, turn off the feature that is otherwise hidden in normal mode
  • Try clearing the cache partition on your phone.The Wipe Cache Partition cleans the internal cache of the Samsung Galaxy S8, which can contain, for example, old temporary system files that slow down the operating system as a whole or even lead to errors. So it is advisable that you perform a Wipe Cache partition after every Android firmware update.

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”

Press the Power key to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.

When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

• Recommend that you call into your service provider.