cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjpupal
Asteroid

Can't swipe down status bar on home screen or in apps? (But works on lock screen)

Hello,

As mentioned, on my lockscreen I can swipe down from the top to get bring down my status bar. Once I unlock the phone, however, and am on the home screen or using an app, the top screen appears "dead" and wont' let me swipe down.

I use the swipe down anywhere feature but this doesn't work when an app is open. I also use the fingerprint swipe down, but this isn't great when my phone is down on the table.

Since I can swipe down on the lock screen I know the screen is good, is there a setting I'm missing to swipe down normally?

Also, it works if I put my phone in landscape mode, which is weird.

Any tips? Thanks!

**Using Galaxy S8+ Latest Android Pie no Screen Protector**

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
userrBJLQetLi6
Astronaut

Re: Can't swipe down status bar on home screen or in apps? (But works on lock screen)

The same thing is happeneing to me...any solutions?

sjpupal
Asteroid

Re: Can't swipe down status bar on home screen or in apps? (But works on lock screen)

No solution yet :/ 

userLeXoSXOur8
Constellation

same thing with my phone!!!

sjpupal
Asteroid

Dang, really blows I wish we could get a fix :/

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does the issue occur in Safe Mode?

sjpupal
Asteroid

I just tried and the problem persists in safe mode as well. It seems like the screen needs to be recalibrated 

sjpupal
Asteroid

Sorry some error is preventing me from replying to your most recent reply. My phone is up to date. My carrier verified. My screen is getting much worse, many apps are just randomly pushing buttons now so I can't use them anymore. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition?

sjpupal
Asteroid

Thanks for your help with this. I just wiped the cache partition, but there is no change.