Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userO3SBOl588J
Asteroid

Can't update Edge Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Edge Screen gives me a notification to update but always fails. I attached a screenshot of the error I'm getting. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
firedept10
Asteroid

Re: Can't update Edge Screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update. Finally solved it. It was an update that was pushed then immediately pulled from servers but mot before it was pushed. 

To clear it go to Settings>Apps. Once apps are open go to 3 dots upper right corner and tap on it. Got to Show system apps and tap on it. Scroll down to Edge Screen and tap on that. Once it opens long hold Storage till it opens. Then Clear Data. That will remove the notification and clear the pushed update. 

Hope this helps you all. 

35 REPLIES 35
userO6K7EEloyM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here very annoying... S8+?

userO3SBOl588J
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regular S8

userzb1IW9vbDG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, s8+, T-Mobile 

userEI6frtv9pB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Have the same problem . cant update at all . i get this error maseges can anyone help?

Victor76me
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi thanx for bringing this up, I'm also having the same issue

userO3SBOl588J
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Maybe they rolled out a broken update. Might need another update to fix this error.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What carrier do you guys use? I have a buddy here who was able to force the new Edge panel update onto his phone with Sprint. The version he's now running is 3.0.89. You should be able to manually update it through the Galaxy App store. I would try clearing the cache for the store in your app manager and trying to run it again. Keep me posted. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usera2ZZnTNsOX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem. I have AT&T. When I go into apps , I do not have a clear cache button for Galaxy app store app. I tried turning off the edge screen app with no luck. I also tried turning off automatic updates with no luck. My phone keeps beeping at me like I have a notification but nothing pops up on the notification screen. Is it the edge screen app update causing the beep? Any help is appreciated . Thank you.

userMzW0cEjkrg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dealing with the same thing. Keeps telling me it's not longer available for purchase or not supported in my country or on device. Won't go away!!! Hopefully they fix this soon. I hate having stalled update notifications on my phone.