cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Can we get a phone without a curved screen?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone complaining about Samsung screen don't know much. If you don't like it get something else. Screen is one of the key feature that Samsung does better than anyone else. Please stop complaining about everything.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a Note 8 previous to my Note 10 plus. As much as I love both devices the curved screen idea needs to go imo. Especially for a Note device with an S-pen! My flat screen Note 4 was nicer to use (with pen) around the edges than my new $1000 phone. Don't get me wrong, it looks cool and helps reduce bezels which is great in one respect, but it does create an annoying discoloration in some circumstances on the edges and it also has probably helped a lot of Samsung screens become damaged over the years. Don't get butt hurt Samsung lovers, I'm a fanboy too, it's just old news now and it benefits nobody.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry for replying to this old thread, but I haven't own a Samsung device since the Galaxy Note 5. I want to get back to Samsung for the features, but the biggest barrier is the curved screen. The curvature is just too much on the Galaxy devices. The S10e wasn't what I was looking for btw.

The A line seems to be the saving grace for me. The only problem now is that I'm interested in the A71, but last year far as I understand there were no US version of the A70. Which means if I have to buy an international A71, there would be no Samsung Pay in the US and no Verizon support. So I would have to settle with the US version of the A51 instead.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes!! Please!!! I second that. I love this phone except for the dumb curved seen. It makes it look like the old TV's of the 70's and 80's with the ugly curved tubes before we got the flat screen LED ones of today. Terrible idea. Get rid of these curved screens asap. Plus I can't use the stylus near near the edges... So dumb. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another option is to get an s8 active but I dont know if they sell them anymore

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Agree
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the S20 and they have basically made the screen flat again. There is a slight curve that you don't notice.  I had the S9+ and those edges were so sharp from the curve.  Couldn't stand it even though I liked the phone.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

time after time I take my old S5, and it was so practical and optimal and flat.

Now I have to change S9+ if there would be possibility I would choose oldschool flat screen