cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Can we get a phone without a curved screen?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I agree with you complitely!!
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The curved screen is the only reason why I'm staying away from Samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. Last month, I got a great deal on a Note 9, on eBay. After one day of use, I was ready to sell it. All of the issues with screen protectors that I endured with my Note 8 came back to me. No screen protector works on these phones. And I'm not even entertaining the idea of glueing on a Whitestone. I'll be selling my Note 9 and going back to my LG G6. Perfectly flat screen is worth a slower phone, to me.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes the curved glass is idiotic.  Hard to hold, hard to read.  Dropped it 3 times for 3 different damage points in the first 2 weeks because I was looking for a screen that wasnt dropped at the sides so it could protect it.  Add in that it is also slippery and incedibly breakable and its really in any practicle sense a crappy phone.  Then we can get into the stupid idea of not allowing a user replacable battery or the option of an extension battery.  Oh, final moron move, glass on the back!  These problems would be unacceptable on a $200 phone.  On my next upgrade I will do anything to not buy another phone with these "features".  Even if it has a 2 generation older camera and processor.  My S5 could be waterproof and still get to the battery but guess what?  I didnt care in the first week I got an extension battery that made the phone 3 times thicker and that combination was the best, most useful phone I ever had.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Totally done with spending all my money on Samsung. I am or was a die-hard Samsung lover no more. 800 plus for the s7 edge 2.5 years later phone is pissing me off, edge stopped working... I HATE THE EDGE its touchy can't hand my phone off to someone without a touch to the edge messing it all up. WAY overpriced. and to fix that STUPID glass body is outrageous. bought a brand new LG for half of the repair costs. Sorry, Samsung your just not worth it get rid of the glass body. allow me to change my own battery and get rid of the edge I might come back 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

YES please die hard fan of Samsung phones however ever since new phones all seem to be curved screens I was forced to get a different brand. NOT everyone likes the curved screen SAMSUNG should offer the option to choose from either flat or curved. Happy with what I have now BUT miss certain things only Samsung phones offer. IF Samsung decides to come out with a flat version I may consider going back

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree.  My wife has new curved display as I still have an older flat one.  I was going to get a new phone but will not buy a curved screen.  Holding on to my old one until Samsung offers a flat one.   If they don't it's bye-bye Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Amen!!!! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just got an S9 just because Tmobile allowed me to get it for 0$ down and low monthly installments and after the 6 months I can swap the phone for another one. I'm already thinking about turning the S9 back and get another flagship either from LG or another brand. Who the f*ck thought a curved screen was a good idea? At least have a model with a flat screen! My S7 has a horrible battery life even after swapping it twice by an original battery (programmed obsolence?) but the screen is in pristine conditions since I got an Otterbox Defender case the same day I ordered the phone and I wish I had the same option with my brand new S9 but Samsung is forcing me to switch to another brand

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I TOTALLY agree. Countless wasted dollars for all kinds of screen protectors that eventually peel off or in the case of the glass ones they simply fall off. Neither of which are compatable with any case. The manufacturers of cases make false claims that the protectors are "screen protector friendly" but they're not.

BRING BACK THE FLAT SCREEN!!!