cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Can we get a phone without a curved screen?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tend to forget my phone even has a screen curve to it.

I don't use a case or protector on my phone either.

I have yet to drop the phone, or have any screen damage. I've had it almost a year now.

Should probably take better care of your stuff if you have issues.

Galaxy S9+

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh, don't be so uppetiy you. Accidents happens with the rest of us flawed humans It's still impractical for a lot of people and ugly.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started a petition on change.org for flagship flat screen phones. Lets see if they will hear us out.

[edit]

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just don't get it. Bought a case on Amazon for $10. Protects screen as well as phone. No problems... Ever. Responsiveness is perfect, no cracks, nothing. 

I repeat... I don't get the problem. The screen is beautiful.

Either way, doesn't matter since the new S20's are flat. Bye bye beautiful curved screen.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes please listen to customer

i hate curve screen please stop making it

now i use galaxy s7 edge i buy it from my dad

it make me so annoying when i get accidentally touch because curve screen

it very suck

i will switch to other brand if you not change

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I love my Galaxy s8 +. Maybe if you all buy from Samsung store you will be able to get a good screen product and case for your phone. I dropped mine couple of times n screen really protected from cracking. Working great for me.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Samsung, are you listening? The curved screens are terrible. They don't add to our experience and they make us spend more money. I am a diehard Note fan and I have seriously been thinking about iphone just so I don't have to deal with this dang curved screen issue. I used to brag to iphone users at how tough my phone was and how it doesn't break, ever and theirs is so fragile. Well, that has now switched. even with glass and case protection. We do not like this feature. Get rid of it already!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have the option to:

▪︎Get a case with a lip that keeps your phone screen from directly touching surfaces when laid down.

▪︎Find a screen protector that doesn't just have adhesive on the edges. They make them. I've seen them.

▪︎Find a screen protector that won't come up. The S8+ has been out for a while, and people have a lot to say about it. Look hard enough and you'll find screen protector reviews by actual people.

I have a Note 9 and I really recommend a screen protector that adheres to the entire screen and not just the edges. I had a glass screen protector (adhesive on the edges) for a little while, but with the first big drop, it just popped off.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried all those options and my screen still cracked. I hate the curved edge provides nothing for me. I tried the glass dome screen protector and it still cracked on the edge.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Recommnedations on screen protector for Note 8.  I've tried 4 different versions, including both galss versions offered by ZAGG, one with only edge adhesive, the other with full screen.  The latter broke before i even got it installed completely.  Decided to leave it till I found alternative, but has since shattered on other spots along edges so badly it cuts my fingertips if I pick it up just right. 
My last Samsung until they offer a flat screen.