cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Can we get a phone without a curved screen?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, stop making the notes with a curved screen. It's pointless and a terrible idea. Bring back flat faces phones. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Amen to that. I just might go back to apple. Reaosn: curved screen. That's it. The screen. I hate these curved screens they are the worst idea. What idjit thought of that... 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried all of this suggestions. None worked

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the note 9 as well and it doesnt work. Got an expensive screenprotector with glue covering the entire surface and after a few months it started to losen up in the edges! 

These curved edges are nothing else but some Marketing person who doesnt know anything about the practical side of things. The curved screen doesnt have any paractical purpose and for sure it is form over function, if you like that form to begin with. 

So indeed, YES, give us an option without the curved screen! The initial idea with it was to remove the besel or minimise it. Nowadays it is possible to have a very narrow besel that is hardly seen so the curved screen is really no longer required. 

on a side note: I got the Galaxy 10e (flat screen) for a family member and the protector works perfect! 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree completely, I like having tempered glass screen protectors on my phones not a thin one layer of film.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seriously! Can we get rid of the curved screen?  I have a screen protector and my screen cracked underneath the protector.  Also my screen protector has cracks all up and down the curved part.  It serves no function other than to cause the need for screen repairs.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Curved screen is a sales gimmick that provides zero value to me.  I've broken my S8 Edge screen twice with an otter box on it before going to the more robust S8 Active.  I'll buy the active line again if it's still available (fingers crossed) when this one dies.  I'll never buy an I phone but will definitely dump Samsung if they stop producing flat screen options.  

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I too have had it with the curved phone.  I have a Note 8.  My problem isn't cracks or damage.  I have a screen protector and case on it.  My problem is the typing!  Never had I had such issues with hitting the 'n' or some other key vs the spacebar.  I am convinced it is a combination of the the screen protector and the curve.  But the curve is the bottom line problem.  Not seeing any change on the Note 10.  So I am starting to look for another brand of Android that suits my needs.  I don't need a pretty phone.  I always put a case on it and a screen protector.  So having rainbows on the back is irrelevant to me.   Having a curve is irrelevant to me.  Painting doodles on pictures is irrelevant to me. And I can't deal with the keyboard issues much longer - it's so aggravating.  And yes I have tried a few keyboards.  And no I am not a swiper.  Thanks Samsung.  It was good while it lasted.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Couldn't agree more, been with Samsung through entire note line, but now that my note8 will be paid off, I'm looking outside Samsung for something with a flat screen

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bumping this. We need an option for a phone without curves. You shouldn't have to get a cheap phone just to get one that won't constantly get the screen protector damaged.