Asteroid

Cannot 'Compose new email' on Samsung email app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung S8 plus.

The default email app.

Account with Microsoft Office 365.

Receiving messages ok.

Replying and forwarding ok.

When I use the + button and select 'Compose new email' to start a new email message, nothing happens.

Starting a new calendar event works fine.

What could be the reason that 'Compose new email! does not work, does not open the composition window at all, just stays on the same screen with listing of existing email message titles?

All was fine a week ago.

I removed the account and recreated it.

Same.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userNPNoVkeTeN
Asteroid

Re: Cannot 'Compose new email' on Samsung email app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, all ok so far since the reinstall.

6 REPLIES 6
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userNPNoVkeTeN. Thanks for those details there.

This doesn't sound like a problem with your actual account itself, it could be the app acting a bit wonky. Have you tried clearing the cache for it within your Application Manager?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNPNoVkeTeN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still a mystery what and how happened there.

Overcame it by uninstalling the app and installing again. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like it was a glitch with the version you previously had installed. Could have been the cache as well.

Thanks for sharing your solution with us though. Keep us posted if anything changes with this copy of the app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userNPNoVkeTeN
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, all ok so far since the reinstall.

Nowurtalkin
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If you have another email client installed, and it is set as the default client, then the native email will work but not allow you to compose.
user4vmsb5LYV5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

Thanks for your posts and to everyone for their advice.  I'm a bit new to Android, and I just had the same thing happen to me - all of a sudden I can not compose in the body area of an email using the default email app (which has been working great for 10 months).  Same thing for me with receiving and replying working, just not composing.  Also cleared cache.  Not sure how to remove and re-install the default email app as suggested as the phone prevents me from doing so. Any advice is greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance!  (Galaxy J7 - Andriod v 6.0.1) Michael