cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRmUNsEXulz
Asteroid

Cannot update phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my unlocked s8 plus a few months ago. And for about a month now I cant update the phone. I've tried manually with my laptop also,but still no update. Always unsuccessful. Yes I've rebooted and restored to factory. No good. Is there anything else i can do? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DJSTORMX
Halo

Re: Cannot update phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The S8 still gets updates depending what software you're running and it will continue to get security updates. Is your phone carrier unlocked or factory unlocked?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Sam111
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry, but you're out of luck the S8 doesn't support updates anymore. Unfortunately samsungs main issue is that they only support updates for 2 years so, there is no way to update your phone

userRmUNsEXulz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh lovely... thank you for informing me of this.. kinda ridiculous that they do this. Thank very much 

DJSTORMX
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The S8 still gets updates depending what software you're running and it will continue to get security updates. Is your phone carrier unlocked or factory unlocked?

View solution in original post

userRmUNsEXulz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't get it through Verizon. Is this why it may not be working?

@DJSTORMX wrote:

DJSTORMX
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20191222-225853_Settings.jpg

Mines on Sprint and notice on yours it reads VZW/VZW/SPR so I can only assume it was originally on Sprint at one point then unlocked?  You can either try using a Sprint sim if u have one over Wifi and try updating or try a Samsung store in like Best Buy to see if they can try updating it.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userRmUNsEXulz 

Go to settings>about phone>software information and take screenshot of the page, then scroll to the bottom and take another one

userRmUNsEXulz
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Screenshot_20191219-160204_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20191219-160213_Settings.jpg

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dont feel too bad. I cant update my phone either. Have the note 10 plus with att. Everyone else got their update except for me. :-(