cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlT7KMliNF1
Asteroid

Check your charger connection message

For the past week or so each time I plug in a charger I get a message saying 'Check your charger connection'. make sure the cable and charger are properly connected. If you're using a cover case, try removing it.

There are no issues with charging. But i get this message each time I plug into any of the various chargers I use. It didn't bother me until today when I tried to copy images from my phone to my computer. I plugged it in, and the message came up, so although it is charging from the computer perfectly well, my computer doesn't see the phone, and I therefore can't access any of the phone's files.

I have switched the phone off and on again several times but it makes no difference. I really don't want to have to do a factory reset.

Please help!

14 REPLIES 14
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Check your charger connection message

Are you using the original charger that came with the device?

userlT7KMliNF1
Asteroid

The message does not appear with the samsung charger, but the issue is that I want to connect my phone to my pc to exchange information. I have been using the lead the phone came with to do this, and it worked without issue until a couple of weeks ago. I'm wondering if this isn't related to a recent update.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What type of pc are you using with your Galaxy S8?

userlT7KMliNF1
Asteroid

I'm using a Hewlett-Packard Spectre laptop. There have been no issues connecting to the computer in the past. 

userLrpdAXmXq0
Asteroid

If you're just using the computer to transfer files, I wouldn't worry about the message.  I think a recent security update has changed the way the "slow charging" notification works, and makes it pop up more consistently.  It's normal that a computer would not have the fast-charge ability through the standard USB ports.  It IS charging, just at the standard slow rate, while it's connected.

Unfortunately, a side effect seems to be that the "slow charging" warning is popping up even for people using the original Samsung quick chargers, and certified 3.0 quick charge charger units.  I get it at random on any wired connection now, but it still seems to charge fast in those situations, so I dunno.

I never see it when using my Qi fast wireless charger, though.  It's very strange behavior.

userYGG0s21B8k
Astronaut

I've been having having the having the same issue for qui...

I've been having having the having the same issue for quite some time now .. going through chargers like cracrazy

Samsung_EvIbZ1X
Astronaut

It's happening to me also and I'm plugging it to the wall

It's happening to me also and I'm plugging it to the wall

userx7mCnzNIg6
Constellation

I'm getting this same error. Using Samsung provided USB-C cables, and took the case off. This happens when I plug it into any charging variant (wall, car, pc). I've tried three different t Samsung cables and all three show the message on one S10, but not on the others my family has.

usernBR2RswEdn
Constellation

Same for me screw Samsung

Same for me screw Samsung