cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheodorLukacs
Constellation

ClearView case scratched my screen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The front cover of the case scratched my phone. Not all of it is covered in fabric, there is a plastic circle where small particles got caught and scratched my screen. Its like a circle full of small scratches and it looks bad. I used the case for only about 10 days.... Does the warranty of the phone cover any of this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: ClearView case scratched my screen.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You warranty wouldn't cover any cosmetic damages like this, unless you had enrolled in the Premium Care plan with your phone. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You warranty wouldn't cover any cosmetic damages like this, unless you had enrolled in the Premium Care plan with your phone. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got mine in the mail about a month ago through the promotion with 6 months of Netflix and 64GB memory card. The case itself scratched within the first 4 days, it is a huge mirror basically. Looks beautiful and pretty useful for watching movies and shows etc. Nice functionablity, although very limited options for the always on display.

I opted to go with Otter after the front scratched. It must have been a grain of sand that scratched the front case screen. Thankfully my S8 is still in perfect condition. I myself was wondering about that small circle on the case, and was a little worried about it potentially scratching the screen, as the previous Clearview cases severely scratched my S7.

Don't use the Clearview cases unless you want:

Minimal protection from falls.

A case you will have to keep out of hostile environments, and polish continuously.

A potentially scratched screen due to the case itself.

usercUmP9U5otQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The promotional ClearView case scratched my phone as well. Small circle in the bottom left corner of screen where the plastic cirlce sits. Samsung has been having this problem with this case since the S6 and they still shipped them out... shame on Samsung.