cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Clearing Phone Cache/text messages disappeared

This early afternoon pacific time i was on the phone, then fot off went to look at my text mwssages, and over half of them deleted.  

I read the instructions on how to change thw disappearing text messages in 4 steps... and the 3rd option was clearing phone cache. For some odd reason i entered my information, and samsung error message popped up saying i was not authorized to look that option up. Im currwntly 31 years old, so definitely dont need a parent/guardian authorization haha.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: Clearing Phone Cache/text messages disappeared

@userHc1ifqOFMn 

Can you upload a screenshot of the error here?

Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Skip for now: Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Message Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here
  6. Try turning off the ‘Advanced Messaging’ feature located in Samsung’s text app.

---

Did this reply help? Let us know which step worked for you! Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution"  if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!