Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryAynzYc8rV
Constellation

Cloud Gallery Sync

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there,

I want to switch from my Galaxy S7 to my Galaxy S8+ and I think I have problems to understand how the Gallery Sync Feature is working.

I turned it on on my S7 device, selected all my albums which are also on my internal storage -> dcim folder. Everything synced successfully.

Then I turned on the sync feature on my S8+ too, with the same Samsung account. When I access the gallery app, I see all the pics and albums - so far so good. But it does not seem that they are downloaded to the device. For example if I use one file explorer and navigate to the internal storage -> dcim folder, the pics/albums are not shown (same if I use google photo/picture app).

For me syncing means, all devices will have the same picures stored locally and in the cloud (like the popular dropb** application and thats all other applications work, that I know.)

So I am confused quite a lot. Do I understand something wrong how this cloud gallery sync is working?

Thanks for your help.

best regards

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Cloud Gallery Sync

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @useryAynzYc8rV

Sounds like the pictures are now all on the Cloud. They will stay safely there and not take up your internal storage space, but if you'd like you can always pull them onto your physical device storage too. You can do this by selecting Download in the Details view.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @useryAynzYc8rV

Sounds like the pictures are now all on the Cloud. They will stay safely there and not take up your internal storage space, but if you'd like you can always pull them onto your physical device storage too. You can do this by selecting Download in the Details view.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useryAynzYc8rV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks for the answer.

I just did use Smart Switch to copy all the pics, because pick the pics one by one and download them is not really the best way for 6k+ pictures.

Ovenproof
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I can't figure out how to get my photos back! Please help