cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Cloud photos missing

Hi, I sent my phone off to have the broken screen fixed and it has come back completely wiped. When I've tried to restore it from the cloud, the gallery is showing no photos since Nov 2018.

The night before I sent my phone to be fixed I used my desktop to log on to my account in order to back everything up. I synced all photos. Everything else has backed up no problem so I dont understand why all the photos are missing. Can you help? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Cloud photos missing

Hello,

HAve you signed back into the account that you used to backup? If it was synced properly it should restore as log as you sign into the correct account. ALso try google photos. Google photos normally backs up all photos on the device it you have the back up feature turned on. Please let me know if this helped if so  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you

If not please follow up and we'll continue the recovery process. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

For sure it is the same account I logged in to the night before I sent the phone off. For some reason all my messages, app data etc has been backed up exactly as it was that night but no photos since late 2018. 

I dont appear to have anything in google photos either, not sure if I'm checking in the right places but it's likely I turned it off as I'm pretty conscious of how my data is used. 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello @userPoY843wEcN ,

It is possible that you used a different samsung account at the time of backing up. I know some users that have multiple samsung accounts by accident, even though you're only allowed one at a time. Sign out of your samsung account and click on find username or you can try the "forgot password" option and type in each one of your typical email addresses to confirm if they're linked to a samsung account. Then sign in and see if they're backed up there. Hopefully that works for you.

Best,

Jayhon

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thank you for your reply. It's def9nitely the right account. I only have 1 email address, though sometimes I have trouble logging in places if I'm registered as xyz@googlemail.com instead of xyz@gmail.com. Your comment prompted me to see if I somehow had a Samsung account registered for both of them but I don't. 

Any other suggestions appreciated! 

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hi,

google cloud or samsung cloud?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung. The night before my phone went for repair I logged in to Samsung account and synced everything.