cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Compensation for S8 and S8+ owners?

Will Samsung be offering any sort of compensation or free promo to us S8 and S8+ owners who still don't have Bixby Voice yet? This is getting insanely ridiculous... 

It would be different if you could remap the Bixby button, you fine people at Samsung have purposefully prevented that unless we root our phones. Totally uncool.

We deserve answers here...

21 REPLIES 21
dunkel_Stern
Cosmic Ray

Re: Compensation for S8 and S8+ owners?

yeah! you wish...
even for note 7 buyers they didn't give anything

user8CNHXeVnzj
Constellation

Hes right.....not cool i am blind.

Honored Contributor

Hey folks,

Just thought I'd chip in some info. Bixby Voice is currently in Beta. That's why some people have it but most in fact do not. Keep your fingers crossed that everything goes well and as soon as the beta is done it should be pushed out to everyone. Last I heard, that would be in a few weeks or so! I know the wait is killer, I've played around with a phone that has the beta and I'm super impressed (not just saying that cause I work here either). Just a bit longer a wait and everyone will be able to play with this cool feature too.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

So Mod, your answer is simpy: no, right?

No compensation for waiting so long?

There are many people who really need this, and you at Samsung have dropped the ball, yet again. Why do you keep disservicing your custmers who spend hundreds, and thousands, of dollars on your products?

The Note 7 buyers received nothing? Wow that is just insane.

And what about remapping the button. Why has that been prevented by Samsung?

Not very good customer service.

Honored Contributor

To my knowledge there is no compensation (at least right now) since they did state before the device released that this part of the feature would be implemented at a later time and they are actively working for that to be brought out with all the bells and whistles that was promised. Now, I'm not the one that decides things like compensation, but I'm more than willing to send the feedback and suggestion for this though! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Thanks, it would be nice since it is now Summer, past the promised "later in the Spring."
About the remappibility of the Bixby button... any update to be able to change that for another purpose? Doesn't make a whole lot of technical sense why it is locked.
Nebula

Thank you for being a part of the Samsung Community.  At this time there are no settings options to remap the Bixby button for other purposes. Thanks for your inquiry. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Yes, I'm currently aware of that. Will one be implemented? Why is it not remappable?
Nebula

Unfortunately I have no information on that becoming a possibility. It would be only speculation on my part to affirm that it would become possible. I wish I had something different to convey but at this time there is no way to remap the Bixby button and no indication that it will become possible in the future.