cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Compensation for S8 and S8+ owners?

Well it seems like Samsung need to convey information to you all, who try to answer our questions. People want to be able to change it, and they will eventually root their phones if they are that desperate, due to Bixby now being delayed to... what, a month after the Spring promise now? Doesn't seem like good practice to just keep screwing customers over without any thought being given to their happiness, or any attempts to even appease us.
I was hoping to have Bixby by the end of June. Now it is more like the end of July.
After my S8 is paid off, I will be seriously considering finally ditching Samsung for the next Pixel maybe or iPhone if things do not improve on the customer relations side of things.
We deserve answers and action from Samsumg. Not "I have no info" or "three more weeks, no compensation though!" statements.
First time on these forums and I already feel patronized... :/
Nebula

Sorry for the confusion, I only restated my original answer I gave you to let you know I understand and to restate what you were asking for. Again, unfortunately I have no information on that becoming a possibility. It would be only speculation on my part to affirm that it would become possible. I wish I had something different to convey but at this time there is no way to remap the Bixby button and no indication that it will become possible in the future.

Thank you, so much, for everything.

You really should press hard to your superiors that paying customers are very upset and frustrating over these issues, and want something in the mean time to appease them.

They want to be able to control their phones the way they want to.

Nebula

I understand. I don't mean to patronize you with my response. I can completely see that you want compensation for the delay of a feature and you want the ability to remap a button. Samsung is invested in Bixby and it would be counter-intuitive to eliminate Bixby as a priority feature by giving an option to remap it's button. There are no plans to compensate customers on the delay of the feature. As a moderator, I know you want answers and again, I wish I had something different to convey. We value your input .Thanks for participating in the forum. Is there any other question that you have?

So by what you just said, you actually have information stating that there will never be an option remap the Bixby button, because Samsumg wants to force us to use Bixby? Correct? Couter-intuitive you say? How is that? It would make so many people happy. After all, if the final release of Bixby really is polished with a high sheen, people will want to use it over anything else. 

Once the phone is purchased, it becomes our property. Why is Samsung purposefully preventing us from doing what we want on our devices without rooting our phones? 

userSzEE7b8R7D
Constellation

Has the Samsung team figured out their screw up with the moisture detected faults, when it's not even been in water?😤

Nebula

You can convey that to them through Samsung's Voice of the Customer: http://bit.ly/2rGfuvQ I encourage you to take a look at it and voice your thoughts. Thanks for your patience with me. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Nope. I encourage Samsung to have better customer service and quality of care. Again, thank you!! Smiley Very Happy

Nebula

Duly noted. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Bretyboy
Constellation

pretty sure that isn't true...they were given free S7 Edge's and I'd heard some other compensation.  If they hadn't that would have been a class action law suit that ended Samsung.