cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Connecting with iphone users

Hi!

Anyone have ideas on best ways to text with iphone users? Its near impossible to send and receive video from iphones and texting in a group usually leads to chaos. So much so to where the iphone users keep me out since I am the Samsung phone. Anyone else have these issues and know of a fix?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Connecting with iphone users

Hi, @Samsung_wAJkumS  I'm sorry to hear that you are having that issue on your device,  I would recommend using a third-party app to solve that problem.  I personally use the "google messages" app and I don't experience any issue sending and receiving  Videos, Photos, Gif,  Etc. 

Just type "Google messenger" on Google Play and install the app. Screenshot attached for your reference.

Please let me know if this works for you, Thank you!GOOGLE MESSAGES.PNG

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thanks for the response. I do use a third party texting app. I have actually tried about 5 or 6 of them. No matter which one I use, there are always messages that fall through the cracks and never make their way to iphone users or to me from iphone users. Pictures and videos are almost guaranteed to not be received by me or the iphone user. Also group chats gets jumbled up and all the iphone users in the chat know its caused by my phone. It's very frustrating.

Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung "updated " the native text app last year and broke everything. Ppl complained and they have done nothing. Prior to the update, it wasn't necessarily a Samsung issue but a setting on iPhones that needed to be changed to play nice with other brands. Search and you should be able to find several articles on Google. I told my iPhone folks to change a setting and everything was perfect until the update last year. Anyway, my cell phone carrier had so many complaints that they now suggest users use Next SMS for texts. It's not perfect but works a good 97% of the time.