cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userBCtTxZQNvs
Asteroid

Connectivity issue with latest update

Hi, 

I have a Samsung 8 and with the latest update my connection to internet keeps getting lost. I can be on the WiFi see full bars on the top of my screen and try to go and the internet it will not work. Same thing if I'm on my data, full bars and no internet. My solution now is to restart my phone each time but now at this point I restart my phone 4 times a day at least. What should I do? 

version: G950WVLS6CSH1/G950WOYA6CSH1/G950WVLS6CSH1

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Connectivity issue with latest update

Have you tried resetting the network settings? (FYI, this will erase all of your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection so you would need to reconnect to them again.)

1. From the Home screen, swipe up on an empty spot to open the Apps tray.
  2. Tap Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset network settings.
  3. Tap RESET SETTINGS.
  4. If you have set up a PIN, enter it.
  5. Tap RESET SETTINGS. Once complete, a confirmation window will appear.
userBCtTxZQNvs
Asteroid

It is not only on WiFi. It is also when I'm on my data I can have full bat's and still no connectivity. :/

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You did mention that in your first post. Resetting the network settings is a first step in troubleshooting the issue. It also applies to mobile data. The next steps would be clearing the cache partition and a factory reset if necessary.  You can always take the phone to a local uBreakiFix location, as they are a Samsung authorized repair center. They are able to access any warranty  you may have on your phone. They are able to repair both software and hardware issues. However, if repairs are necessary, please know this does involve a factory reset.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

userBCtTxZQNvs
Asteroid

I dont feel like it is a hardware issue. The problem appeared right after i did the last update. It is directly linked with the last update I installed.. @SamsungRei 

userBCtTxZQNvs
Asteroid

It didn't work sadly :\ (when i reset everything)

Honored Contributor

@userBCtTxZQNvs wrote:

Hi, 

I have a Samsung 8 and with the latest update my connection to internet keeps getting lost. I can be on the WiFi see full bars on the top of my screen and try to go and the internet it will not work. Same thing if I'm on my data, full bars and no internet. My solution now is to restart my phone each time but now at this point I restart my phone 4 times a day at least. What should I do? 

version: G950WVLS6CSH1/G950WOYA6CSH1/G950WVLS6CSH1

APN reset:

Check if your carrier settings are good, go to: settings>connections>mobile networks and check settings there. Then go to access point names.  Make sure proper carrier is selected or you can even tap 3 dots on top right and do reset to defaults. 

userBCtTxZQNvs
Asteroid

I tried it already didn't work Smiley Sad @Charkatak 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@userBCtTxZQNvs wrote:

I tried it already didn't work Smiley Sad @Charkatak 

@userBCtTxZQNvs 

1) Before anything else, do you have any Private DNS settings enabled? 

2) You can wait until next software update hits your device and see if it will fix anything.

OR

Do the following to reset and test your device:

- I would recommend you to backup your data in the phone's settings if you can or use Smart Switch on PC to do that.

- Reset your device competely via reset in settings

- After that for testing purposes when setting up the phone, sign in to google account when prompted but don't restore from your Samsung Backup.  Complete setup until you get to home screen.  Test mobile data, test wifi and see.  If all is good you could try to restore from backup and if it is software issue, then hope that problem won't come back.