cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userti5FUvANMO
Constellation

Contact calls not showing, no Call Protect App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone remains a black locked screen but rings with my contacts calls.  I have to unlock my phone and pull down my notification window in order to answer a call and many times miss it.  I dont show that Call Protect app that has fixed this problem for others.  I also use the Do Not Disturb with Exceptions feature to block unwanted callers.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userti5FUvANMO
Constellation

Re: Contact calls not showing, no Call Protect App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, I just tried it in SAFE MODE and the problem still exists.  The phone remains dark and locked, but rings.  I have to unlock the phone to answer the call, and pull down the notifications bar to access the answer button.  So this tells me its not caused by an app but by a setting.

I use DO NOT DISTURB>HIDE NOTIFICATIONS>When Screen is off: HIDE FULL SCREEN NOTIFICATIONS: ON.  I turned that setting off and it now works properly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this occur with your device in safe mode?

userti5FUvANMO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's in normal mode...I have not changed it to safe mode

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give Safe Mode a shot:

1. Turn off the device
2. Now switch your phone back on. Immediately you see the Samsung logo appear on your screen, press and hold the Volume Down key until the phone boots completely to the home screen.
3. You should now see a watermark caption "Safe Mode" at the bottom left corner of your phone screen. This will now disable all 3rd party apps.

userti5FUvANMO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK, I just tried it in SAFE MODE and the problem still exists.  The phone remains dark and locked, but rings.  I have to unlock the phone to answer the call, and pull down the notifications bar to access the answer button.  So this tells me its not caused by an app but by a setting.

I use DO NOT DISTURB>HIDE NOTIFICATIONS>When Screen is off: HIDE FULL SCREEN NOTIFICATIONS: ON.  I turned that setting off and it now works properly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad to hear it.