cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userTaOnuoA1co
Constellation

Re: Contacts not showing on Phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So find the Att call protect app.  Hold it and disable.  Contact names come back. 

userYoNDh8QGf1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
When we are told to disable, disconnect, or remove something from our phone, it is just as frustrating as the problem. What does ATT Cal Protect do? It sounds like an important app. I'm not sure why or if I'd want to disable it. I don't even know exactly where to find it. Does anyone have a more helpful answer that includes WHY the problem is happening and step by step instructions to fix it?
MiiLo681
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Call protect is an application created by AT&T to help block unwanted phone calls. It is not needed but something good to have. Until they fix their bug in the software, you can uninstall the latest update or disable it as other have stated. If you don't see it you can search for it on your phone. Others have also stated that they had to configure it first then they disabled it. If you are can't find it or continue to have issues. I would suggest calling AT&T for assistance or going to store and ask them to help you. Hope this helps.

useruFVxQugwQj
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Totally worked! Thank YOU! That issue was so annoying. Happy it's over.
userPtdgVGbSyi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me. S8 Active.

userEKYPtGSgyB
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did the trick for me.  Was super frustrating.  I have the S9 and ATT for a carrier.  Back to normal for now...

Highlighted
userm5tXWPBLwz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you. That was easy. 

Samsung_emOw8r3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have been having same issue just did what alot of you said by disabling call protect and my contacts came back woo hoo!!! That was driving me crazy!!!!!

userYoNDh8QGf1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Exact same problem and it also just started! So frustrating when technology doesn't work properly.
userTHsWU6FolS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We were seeing this issue at the store also for AT&T phones. I touched base with our Samsung rep who advised of disabling the app. We've confirmed that disabling the AT&T Call Protect app has been fixing the issue on all phones tested so far.