cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aragorn78
Asteroid

DQA keeps stopping error, now phone is STUCK on "Downloading... Do not turn off target". Please Help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I like apparently many thousands of new Samsung Galaxy S8 owners have been hit with the "DQA keeps stopping" error after a Device Update from Verzion. I researched online and found that this is a huge problem. I followed advice in an article from Android Authority online -- a very respected industry source --  at http://www.androidauthority.com/fix-galaxy-s8-dqa-keeps-stopping-error-message-766402/

I did step 2 in this article which says, "Clear cache partition through recovery (turn off phone, press and hold Power, Volume up and Bixby button. On Android screen, when you see ‘No command’ hold power and press volume up to access recovery. Use volume keys to highlight ‘Wipe cache partition’ and press power to select. Highlight ‘Yes’ and press Power to confirm, then reboot phone)". 

After following those directions to the letter, my phone is now stuck -- for 90 MINUTES SO FAR -- on a "Downloading... Do not turn off target" page. See the image attached to this page. Nothing I do, pressing and holding the Power button, trying a combination of buttons, NOTHING is working.

Please help! Samsung should not be pushing out updates that harm there phones! Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aragorn78
Asteroid

Re: DQA keeps stopping error, now phone is STUCK on "Downloading... Do not turn off target&quot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was able to get the phone out of the "Downloading... Do not turn off target" by pressing the Power, Volume Down and Bixby buttons simultaneously. This brought me to a system screen where I could reboot. Relieved. But Samsung has GOT to fix this DQA keeps stopping error!

7 REPLIES 7
Aragorn78
Asteroid

Re: DQA keeps stopping error, now phone is STUCK on "Downloading... Do not turn off target&quot

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was able to get the phone out of the "Downloading... Do not turn off target" by pressing the Power, Volume Down and Bixby buttons simultaneously. This brought me to a system screen where I could reboot. Relieved. But Samsung has GOT to fix this DQA keeps stopping error!

Billyd2484
Asteroid

Re: DQA keeps stopping error, now phone is STUCK on "Downloading... Do not turn off target&

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clear cache in ur settings...then turn off phone...turn back on...message appeared once...now phone working great

userRhU7UjOBTD
Constellation

Re: DQA keeps stopping error, now phone is STUCK on "Downloading... Do not turn off target&

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nothing has worked for me. Any suggestions. 

Aragorn78
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes.... I did the following and got the phone to reboot normally again:

Press the following keys together:

CTRL
Volume DOWN
Bixby button (the one on the left side, below the volume rocker button)

This will bring you to a boot screen with several different options. CAUTION: one of the options is a FACTORY RESET! Do NOT do that, as it will wipe everything off your phone. Choose the option for a reboot.

Aragorn78
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did the following and got the phone to reboot normally again (did not solve the DQA problem, though):

Press the following keys together:

CTRL
Volume DOWN
Bixby button (the one on the left side, below the volume rocker button)

This will bring you to a boot screen with several different options. CAUTION: one of the options is a FACTORY RESET! Do NOT do that, as it will wipe everything off your phone. Choose the option for a reboot.

user4obPB3wyHu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to me today.  Plugged my phone in to charge came back to blue screen and saying downloading do not turn off. Well I did the trouble shooting thing that was suggested and I got it to turn off... but now it won't charge or turn on again... what's even worse is samsung will not take responsibility for software problems I just had to get a new phone s7 through insurance and have only had this phone for a couple months I cannot be paying for a new phone when this clearly isn't my fault 

Aragorn78
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

See solutions discussed above.