Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aragorn78
Asteroid

DQA keeps stopping" error S8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I like apparently many thousands of new Samsung Galaxy S8 owners have been hit with the "DQA keeps stopping" error after a Device Update from Verzion. I researched online and found that this is a huge problem. I followed advice in an article from Android Authority online -- a very respected industry source --  at http://www.androidauthority.com/fix-galaxy-s8-dqa-keeps-stopping-error-message-766402/

I did step 2 in this article which says, "Clear cache partition through recovery (turn off phone, press and hold Power, Volume up and Bixby button. On Android screen, when you see ‘No command’ hold power and press volume up to access recovery. Use volume keys to highlight ‘Wipe cache partition’ and press power to select. Highlight ‘Yes’ and press Power to confirm, then reboot phone)". 

After following those directions to the letter, my phone is now stuck -- for 90 MINUTES SO FAR -- on a "Downloading... Do not turn off target" page. See the image attached to this page. Nothing I do, pressing and holding the Power button, trying a combination of buttons, NOTHING is working.

Please help! Samsung should not be pushing out updates that harm there phones! Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: "Failed to restore data" Error - Please help get my text messages back!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, you're stuck in the downloading mode. That's definitely no bueno. 

For this, have you held down both the Volume Down & Power buttons? You'll want to do this for like a solid minute or so until it finally kicks back to the boot-up menu. Then you'll select with the volume buttons "normal boot" and select with the Bixby button.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, you're stuck in the downloading mode. That's definitely no bueno. 

For this, have you held down both the Volume Down & Power buttons? You'll want to do this for like a solid minute or so until it finally kicks back to the boot-up menu. Then you'll select with the volume buttons "normal boot" and select with the Bixby button.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Aragorn78
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, SamsungMarcos..... doing the Volume down, Bixby, Power buttons together got me to Boot screen. Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back to you about this. 

So.... Samsung Galaxy 8 users, that's how we get to the Boot screen!

Thanks again!

Mark