cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGVmVMJjJ0O
Asteroid

Dead phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So yesterday on the way home I had my Samsung S8 sitting in the seat beside me.  I texted my wife before I hit the road.  After about 20 mins I hadn't heard from her so I checked my phone.  It was completely off.  When I got into the car the battery was at 97%, it's never had any water or screen damage, and I had all the latest updates.  I plugged it in using several Samsung chargers and cables (my wife has the same phone) and let it sit for 10 mins to several hours, nothing.  I tried the three reset methods listed and nothing.  My phone is completely dead.  I've seen where a ton of people have had the same problem but no solutions.  I can't get the phone to even blink.  Any ideas?    

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userGVmVMJjJ0O
Asteroid

Re: Dead phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ended up using a wireless charger to jumpstart my phone.  Plugged it in and sat it on a wireless charger and in about 20 seconds it powered on.  No system updates or anything like that.  I'm not really sure why it died like it did but I'm keeping an eye on it now.  

14 REPLIES 14
Eudes1914
Astronaut

The only way is to remove the battery.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only way is to remove the battery.

userGVmVMJjJ0O
Asteroid

Re: The only way is to remove the battery.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there an amount of time I need to let it sit before I reattach the battery?

Eudes1914
Astronaut

No.alsi if the phone does not turn on after in install th...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No.alsi if the phone does not turn on after in install the battery try holding the volume and power button at the same time you put the battery on.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you leave the battery out for just a minute, would be enough time. Just to confirm, have you also tried pressing the power and volume down at the same time and holding them for about 30 seconds?

userGVmVMJjJ0O
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried that combination.  I've held them down for over a minute just to test.  

userGVmVMJjJ0O
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So If I have the battery pulled will that void any type of warranty I have?

userGVmVMJjJ0O
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone had any luck with a wireless charger and a regular charger at the same time?  I'm wondering if the battery dropped below zero somehow and it doesn't have enough charge to start the charging process.  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pulling the battery may void the warranty as the S8 does not have a removable battery. I would recommend taking it by a uBreakiFix, as they are an authorized service center. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix/

userGVmVMJjJ0O
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sounds like a plan.  I'm going to give the wireless charger a try and see if I can get it to do anything.  Then I'll go from there.