cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CVxRobertxCV
Asteroid

Dead pixels

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone having dead pixels on there s8? I have 4 tiny ones I don't know if I should return my phone back to T-Mobile for replacement that's if they will replace it

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dead pixels

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @CVxRobertxCV! I haven't seen too many threads about dead pixels, but this is something that T-Mobile should be able to help you out with! If they can't, you could also reach out to Samsung directly to see what repair options you have. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

10 REPLIES 10

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @CVxRobertxCV! I haven't seen too many threads about dead pixels, but this is something that T-Mobile should be able to help you out with! If they can't, you could also reach out to Samsung directly to see what repair options you have. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user12XDvI55QG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have just got home with my new s8+ and have a group or bleed of dead pixels from near the top left of my screen . Mines getting replaced tomorrow or there will be trouble !!

@SamsungGrant wrote:

CVxRobertxCV
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my s8 replaced from tmobile but I got to wait till I receive it but I had to pay a restocking fee which is ridiculous.

useraJdF5mMbrd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can u guys post a pic of your "dead pixel?  I think I maybe be experiencing this when I recorded a video...(attached screen shot) thank u in advance

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem left hand side of screen. what did samsung do for you?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Please try the following: Type *#0*# into the phone's dial pad, which will prompt you to adjust a number of settings. On that screen, press "red" "green" and "blue" to reset pixel colors. You may have to do this several times. (I recommend 5-10 times) Let me know how it looks when done. Thanks! It didn't work for me, good luck!
user23XdVd761Y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This fixed the problem for me!

I had sleeping or bad pixels on my unluck by pattern screen. After doing this en restarting it is fixed :-)

Thanks!!

userZExoHmw5xk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Im from india, and i got my s8 last evening and i noticed a dead pixel today to the right edge of my screen somewhere near the power button, ive returned the phone at a samsung service centre and they have raised the issue awaiting approval for me to get a new phone. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

userVslCBNXR7I
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a group of around 5-6

@userZExoHmw5xk wrote:

Hi,

Im from india, and i got my s8 last evening and i noticed a dead pixel today to the right edge of my screen somewhere near the power button, ive returned the phone at a samsung service centre and they have raised the issue awaiting approval for me to get a new phone. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

dead pixels in the bottom left corner and have been told theyll replace it. I feel bad about the waste though. Can the problem get worse?

Mr Sharma from Canada

@userZExoHmw5xk wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Vivek

@userZExoHmw5xk wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Vivek

@userZExoHmw5xk wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

Vivek