cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MisterRNG
Asteroid

Re: Delayed notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok fixed this issue myself. The problems appears to be due to a feature in the Nogurt OS called Data Saver. With this enabled and no apps selected to bypass ur notifcarions will be delayed till u open the app. Understand what this is intended to do but should not be active by default.

Disabled Data Saver and my notifications are restored.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! That's an easy enough fix. Let's see if it works for others experiencing this too.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Scottage
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, I'm having this issue and Data Saver was already turned off.

I got a Galaxy S8 Plus from T-Mobile about a week ago, and I've been having three issues that seem to be related. All of these showed up a few hours after I got the phone initially. A factory reset (I've done two so far) clears the issues up for an hour or two, but then they all return at the same time, which is what leads me to believe they are connected.

Notifications are delayed. Apps that should create a notification may have a delay of hours before they appear, if ever. Applications with a persistent notification (Weather Underground is one example) will go hours without updating, even though the data in the app itself will update without issue when opened.

Any widgets that pull data from the notifications also delay refreshing the displayed information for a few minutes at first, then hours.

When this issue began, the Google Play Store started having an issue as well. When downloading an app, the download gets to 100%, then doesn't actually install or move on to the next download. If I ignore it, it will install minutes or hours later. If I close all apps or reboot the phone, then open the Google Play Store, the item immediately finishes installing. But then the next one will have the same problem.

So far I've done all of the usual troubleshooting steps, clearing caches and uninstalling unnecessary apps. I've run it from a factory reset for a few hours without installing anything aside from mandatory updates, and the issue still comes back just as quickly. I've tried disabling power saving, uninstalling the secure folder app (I saw one suggestion that it caused issues), tried using only the stock TouchWiz launcher, and tried using other launchers. The issue remains the same regardless.

Entozoic
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Scottage wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm having this issue and Data Saver was already turned off.

I got a Galaxy S8 Plus from T-Mobile about a week ago, and I've been having three issues that seem to be related. All of these showed up a few hours after I got the phone initially. A factory reset (I've done two so far) clears the issues up for an hour or two, but then they all return at the same time, which is what leads me to believe they are connected.

Notifications are delayed. Apps that should create a notification may have a delay of hours before they appear, if ever. Applications with a persistent notification (Weather Underground is one example) will go hours without updating, even though the data in the app itself will update without issue when opened.

Any widgets that pull data from the notifications also delay refreshing the displayed information for a few minutes at first, then hours.

When this issue began, the Google Play Store started having an issue as well. When downloading an app, the download gets to 100%, then doesn't actually install or move on to the next download. If I ignore it, it will install minutes or hours later. If I close all apps or reboot the phone, then open the Google Play Store, the item immediately finishes installing. But then the next one will have the same problem.

So far I've done all of the usual troubleshooting steps, clearing caches and uninstalling unnecessary apps. I've run it from a factory reset for a few hours without installing anything aside from mandatory updates, and the issue still comes back just as quickly. I've tried disabling power saving, uninstalling the secure folder app (I saw one suggestion that it caused issues), tried using only the stock TouchWiz launcher, and tried using other launchers. The issue remains the same regardless.

Seems like I missed this earlier or it was temporary hidden but got your pm. 

Seems like we've been seeing the same thing. 

I'm just trying to think outside the box. I have been using a next alarm widget and volume control widgets (audioguru and xtreme alarm clock). I believe when I factory reset I started seeing issues pop up when I added those widgets to my home screen. But I also installed quite a few apps that same morning so it could've been something else. It also could've been something completely unrelated. 

I can confirm my widgets don't update quite right. The audio one seems to be the one that hangs. I'll try uninstalling both apps to see if that helps. I've been meaning to remove my Google accounts ( I have two) and add them again as well. Just kind of tired of having to switch over 2fa every time. 

I'm seeing delayed notifications with default launcher and smart launcher pro. 

userbxdJ05rxRg
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello

I am having the same issue with my newly purchased S8 SM-G950F

1-delayed notifications

2- playstore installation delays - require to restart phone to complete installations

I made everything the community suggested regarding turning off the battery optimisations, and putting the phone on maximun performance mode, and updating software, but the problems persist.

If you have a solution please share, I am seriously thinking of returning the phone. What is the point of having a phone that does not notify you of new messages?

Thanks

M.A

AE89194
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The temporary workaround is to uninstall the app called Google, but don't disable it. It basically uninstalls the updates but leaves the functionality on your phone. Turn off automatic updates and manually update any other apps except for the Google app (until a stable version is released that fixed the problem). Note: As of today, version 7.6.17.21.arm64 appears to be working properly. I wouldn't return the phone.

Sc10990
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@AE89194 wrote:

The temporary workaround is to uninstall the app called Google, but don't disable it. It basically uninstalls the updates but leaves the functionality on your phone. Turn off automatic updates and manually update any other apps except for the Google app (until a stable version is released that fixed the problem). Note: As of today, version 7.6.17.21.arm64 appears to be working properly. I wouldn't return the phone.

This is the corrrect answer.  I haven't tried updating my Google app to the newest version, but maybe I will test it out.

But yeah, this is the fix for these issues.  My phone has been fine for well over a week now.

Big_Bear
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just saw that there is a new update for "[Saumgsung] Always On Display" of version 2.7.20.4. The change log includes the description "(Fixed) notification information wasn't shown".

Do not know if it is related to the delayed notification problem. I just enabled Google Apps again and updated it. Restarted the phone and everything seems normal. Shall keep monitoring to see if delayed notification problem will occur again.

Highlighted
daath
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just found this thread today, despite having looked for a couple of days.

My notifications are severely delayed, store updates/installes hangs, alarms don't go off etc etc etc.

I just tried disabling Google and that seemed to work a little. I tested the alarm (Alarm Clock Xtreme pro), and that fired, so that's good. However, usually the screen activates and I can tap "dismiss" or "snooze" - I can't do that any more. I have to unlock the phone and do it.

Just tried installing Google (beta) and that also seemed to work. I will try leaving Google (beta) installed and enabled and hope for the best, because I use the Google features.

This has been driving me absolutely crazy the past few days.

Sc10990
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userYbtEt8Zckk wrote:

I just found this thread today, despite having looked for a couple of days.

My notifications are severely delayed, store updates/installes hangs, alarms don't go off etc etc etc.

I just tried disabling Google and that seemed to work a little. I tested the alarm (Alarm Clock Xtreme pro), and that fired, so that's good. However, usually the screen activates and I can tap "dismiss" or "snooze" - I can't do that any more. I have to unlock the phone and do it.

Just tried installing Google (beta) and that also seemed to work. I will try leaving Google (beta) installed and enabled and hope for the best, because I use the Google features.

This has been driving me absolutely crazy the past few days.

Hey, yeah this was a maddening issue for me for about a month or so.  I am in the Google Beta program with no issues for well over a month now.  The only thing is that I do not update my Google app.  I have tried updating it twice, and all of my issues reappeared.  If you run into your issues again, go to the play store and find the Google app and click uninstall- this will just uninstall updates to the app, it won't uninstall the app itself.

I had to turn off auto updating of apps just so my Google app doesn't update overnight and my alarm clock doesn't work the next morning.

Glad you found this thread, it was immenseley helpful for me.