cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Delayed notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to say, but if you really have exactly the same issues that have been posted here, there's no chance that clearing cache will to anything whatsoever.

If it does work for you, that's great!  But then, you didn't have *this* problem.

Clearing cache, uninstalling the Google app, the Playstore app - and all of the other well-documented "fixes" on this and so many other threads do not remedy this issue.  Zip.

For me, I have a Note 8 but I try to stay abreast of all of the forums talking about this problem - regardless of the device or carrier.  The real core problem is exactly the same for everyone.  Like me, most owners start with a phone that works perfectly, but at some point - often at the same general point in time - owner's phones get affected.

This points to Google and Samsung software individually, or in combination - no one knows yet.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just gave it a shot but it didn't help.  What else can I try??  I would do anything to fixt his problem, as would the hundreds of users having the same problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue just started for me on my S7 about a week ago. I tried the fix by deleting the Google App, and while that worked temporarily, it resorted back to delaying notifications (other than text messages) again.

I know it's been 2 months since the last post here, but any resolutions yet?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As an update, my issue was resolved when I did a factory reset...kind of. It worked for a couple of hours, but then back to the same old song & dance. After reading elsewhere about this, I realized the issue started with WeatherBug, so I deleted the app. Within seconds all my old notifications came back and my phone is now running as expected.

Hope this helps those of you out there still experiencing this!

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservtn8DfzCtI Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@uservtn8DfzCtI wrote:

As an update, my issue was resolved when I did a factory reset...kind of. It worked for a couple of hours, but then back to the same old song & dance. After reading elsewhere about this, I realized the issue started with WeatherBug, so I deleted the app. Within seconds all my old notifications came back and my phone is now running as expected.

Hope this helps those of you out there still experiencing this!

After reading this post I realized my delayed notifications were not a problem with the app, but the phone. I deleted WeatherBug as suggested and now my delayed alerts are from 20 minm to 1 hour are down to 1 to 10 mins. Hoping it gets better soon but an improvement. Thanks for the suggestion.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've  never had that app installed on my phone and considering I've replaced my phone twice and had this issue with absolutely no apps added, I'm not hopeful it will stick

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing delayed notifications as well.  Only had the note 9 a week and so many times when I pick up my phone from the table or whatever its laying on... even pulling out of my pocket, I get a bunch of notifications once I unlock it.  Also if I do get notifications coming v though when it's locked it's usually 3-5 minutes late.  

I'm coming from an iPhone 8 which I still have and compared side by side and with the iPhone its its almost instant.

Tired everything mentioned but still happening.  Very disappointing and this needs to be fixed.

Highlighted
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0xge3cPt2R: Can I get the following information?

Model Number

Baseband Version 

Carrier

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this dumb issue on a brand new Note 9 too.

Phone is going back for I can't find a solution.

This has been going on for years now.