cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userhOxBO1hXHo
Constellation

Re: Delayed text messages s8 plus. HELP!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THANK YOU!!!! I have been having this same issue for over 2 years on 2 different Galaxy phones (the S7 and S8). I once didn't get any messages for an entire day, all of my friends were concerned for my safety. The messaging app never gets real updates and the issues never get fixed, and now on my S8, the app crashes constantly. I love my Galaxy phone, but I am at a breaking point over this issue. If it doesn't get fixed, I'll have no choice but to switch to iPhone.

EVERY GALAXY OWNER I'VE EVER SPOKEN TO HAS HAD THIS PROBLEM. I feel the need to emphasize that, because clearly, the developers over at Samsung have not been listening. The infinity display and Bixby are great and all, but all I really want is reliable texting.

userbnazCBYUh7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

having same issue on brand new galaxy note 8.  U.S. Cellular told me its a known Samsung issue.  I am unable to reach anyone at Samsung that can help. They did a factory reset but it did not help.  That was the tech departments only solution. Now on hold with customer service in excess of 30 minutes.  I did not spend in excess of $1000.00 for a phone that can not text.

userZHFyWlbLMG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm have the same issue. What did Samsung tell you?
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZHFyWlbLMG

Have you had a moment to check some of the suggestions in this thread? They did help others and could certainly help you too!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userC9vsi4AIAy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Loose SIM card 

Happened to me because I was messing around with memory cards. When you put it in if the tray flexes at all the SIM pops out just a hair. My assumption is that it was keeping me from authenticating on the network. 

Solved my problem after 2 months of b.s. tech support trying  to replace my new phone with a referb pos. 

Let me know if it works'

userlu7rCkZiST
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried these suggestions and not Solved! I'm not happy, it started yesterday after a forced Samsung update!

userDgMXoqtQ4v
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem with my s8 plus and my sons s8 already done all the suggestions nothing helper. Text messages are used a lot and thats onething Samsung and our carrier should make sure is working correctly. It's been 7 months few updates and no fix. I think all the carriers should give everyone a discount since they can't use a very important service they pay for then maybe their finally get it fixed!!

userbnazCBYUh7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

having same issue on brand new galaxy note 8.  U.S. Cellular told me its a known Samsung issue.  I am unable to reach anyone at Samsung that can help. They did a factory reset but it did not help.  That was the tech departments only solution. Now on hold with customer service in excess of 30 minutes.  I did not spend in excess of $1000.00 for a phone that can not text.

userVulx8OHZIi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also spoken with US Cellular Tier 2 support.  They asked to put my name on a ticket to be sent to Samsung AND that Samsung was working on an update.  Finally stating we have to wait for that update to get a fix!  The interesting part is that my daughter has the exact same phone as me and has NO ISSUES with SMS or MMS.  Strange if you ask me.

At this point, I thinking a stop to take a look at th new Iphone may be in order.  I love Samsung but getting really frustrated when my texts for work do not come in and I have to use Facebook to communicate.  SUCKS!!!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfWuTK3qQUB so you found out the problem?