cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userN27yEnF7FY
Constellation

Re: Delayed text messages s8 plus. HELP!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Messages delays only or multimedia too?

userSb1KWLklHe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Went to message settings and change push settings from prompt to always and the issue went away hope this helps

userU5Dzq29OCP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S9 is doing the same thing. Delayed texts. My S5 & S7 did the same. Had to be a Samsung issue as I've had 3 different carriers! 

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userN27yEnF7FY wrote:

Messages delays only or multimedia too?

common issue

Highlighted
usermLnWi73smW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why I was seeing SMS delays no matter whether using the stock Messages program or other third-party SMS programs. After much time spent diagnosing this (including backing up, wiping, and reloading the phone), I finally figured out what was going on. I had not seen this solution anywhere on the internet. So I am offering it here in hopes that it will help others.

I had read about making sure that power management was turned off for the messaging program(s), and I made sure that it was. But I have McAfee installed as my virus checker on my Galaxy S8+, and I finally came to realize that it was being power-managed. Once I turned off power management of the McAfee program, all the delays went away!

Apparently, when the virus checker is hibernated, it is not awake to immediately respond to messages. Hence the delay. Making sure that your virus checker is not power-managed is the key to keeping it awake and responsive to messages!

user0EoobdrKy4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi 

Samsung has released the fix in the latest SW update (QK5). Try to update the SW and check. 

user43ofyaSqLK
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has been doing this since yesterday. It's driving me nuts.

user0EoobdrKy4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi 

Samsung has released the Fix in the latest SW version(QK5). Try to update and Check once. 

mikey101
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That just started happening to my Samsung Galaxy s8+ on Sprint. I'm using  "Android Messages" app from Google Play store. My sent messages were being delayed by about 2 minutes, so I went back to the stock messages app and that worked fine. Then I went back to my go to message app and that started working just fine after the back and forth switch. Hope this helps.

useroQ16CiWjFc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same problems with delyaed text messages. I switched over from the Iphone thinking it might be a better phone for myself. I have had more problems with the galaxy s8 note than any of my iphones. I send a single text and my contancts get multiple of the same messages. I will send a message and it says not deleivered even though my contacts got it. I sent a picture the other day and my contact did not get it until over 12 hours even though it said it had sent. They were right next too me with full service. I don't know why I waste $1,000 on a phone that can not even handle simple text messages. Really frustrating.... And the service is also worse with the droid. I only changed my phone, not service, and now I have even worse service every where I go.