cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfWuTK3qQUB
Asteroid

Delayed text messages s8 plus. HELP!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For almost almost 2 months now, I've been receiving my text messages really late. Sometimes even multiple days late. The latest at this point being 5 days! It's happening with both SMS and MMS messages and it's driving me nuts! I was on the phone with Sprint tech support for over an hour troubleshooting and they couldn't figure it out and said it was the phone. Does anyone have any ideas I can try!? Is anyone else having this problem? And it happens indoor and outdoor. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Delayed text messages s8 plus. HELP!!!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfWuTK3qQUB go into your battery settings and go into optimized apps. Make sure the apps you are using aren't optimized. 

setting, device maintence, battery, battery usage, optimize battery usage(top right three dots), then hit show all apps in the drop down menu on the screen

View solution in original post

46 REPLIES 46
horse2water
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue may be isolated to the app you are using. Try wiping the cache and data in your messages, you might loss some sms still on route, but if they're a week late it won't matter much I guess.

P.S. Needless to say back up first.

userfWuTK3qQUB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried that already =\

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfWuTK3qQUB go into your battery settings and go into optimized apps. Make sure the apps you are using aren't optimized. 

setting, device maintence, battery, battery usage, optimize battery usage(top right three dots), then hit show all apps in the drop down menu on the screen

View solution in original post

userfWuTK3qQUB
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just changed a few settings like you mentioned. I'm gonna test it out for a few days and I'll report back

usertqMHBwJhjf
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still not working..!

useroa80nuZqhf
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you! This fixed the Messaging lag on my Note 8.
user4Z5xlx9oIg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Nearly all the apps are optimized so do I have to switch that off?

user5QEnp6FqlY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Then what, there all being optimize and when you tap on the app It won't let you do anything so how do you fix that? my problem is I send the message and 5 days later I get a message failed icon and they got the message so what is that all about??

@VerbumVeritum wrote:

userfQmFEXCpNu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

BUMP - Same issue. Also on Sprint. Galaxy S8+. Sprint also told me it was the phone. I've done a full factory reset and it is still occuring. 

Need some help. It is unacceptable.