cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Deleted photo recovery problems - 3 questions

What Happened that caused my problem:

1. Added sd card to phone as internal memory was full.
    (The phone was not set up to back up photos to the cloud or Google.)
2. Copied photos and pasted to sd card>files>photos, all good.
3. Deleted photos from internal storage.
4. The next day went to the sd card to look at photos and they were gone.
5. I went to the gallery to see if deleted photos were back on internal storage and they were not.
6. I looked in the trash bin and that was empty so I could not restore from the trash file.

I'm thinking the phone may have auto-updated during the night?
Also, I did not format the sd card before I pasted my photos onto the sd card.

After searching for ways to recover the photos I used the Samsung Recovery App, though I don't remember what that was,  and was able to recover my 2017 and 2018 deleted photos. My 2019 and 2020 photos were not recovered. Question 1: I would like to know why this happened?

I used Diskdigger (basic (free) version), to try and recover the 2019/2020 photos and was successful except for one major problem. The photo files were not saved as .jpg files. I have 400+ photos that I will have to individually rename adding '.jpg' so they are recognized and opened as pics. Question 2: Can someone help me with a faster fix for this issue?  If so, this solves my recovery problem.

In lieu of the diskdigger problem, I downloaded the Android file transfer app to connect my S8+ to my iMac (Sierra) in order to try and find the 2019 & 2020 deleted photos. When I plug the USB cable into my phone a pop-up states paraphrasing)  "Cannot access files. Make sure your phone is unlocked and turn on file share and MTP". I have looked everywhere on my phone and am at a loss as to where I do this. 
Question 3: Where and how do I do these 3 things and after I do them will I actually be able to find my 2019/2020 photos with this app?

I will greatly appreciate your time and knowledge sharing!!!

Thank you very much, in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Deleted photo recovery problems - 3 questions

Have you had any luck finding good (non scam) recovery software? I have recently accidently deleted my photo cache folder and all of my pictures of my stay in Portugal for the past 3 months and am very upset! Any help would be sooo appreciated... Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Deleted photo recovery problems - 3 questions

Did you get your pics recovered?