cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userXxd1ZhFy18
Asteroid

Dex screen goes black whenever double clicking on mouse

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought the Dex that's shaped like a saucer and flips up to plug in my s8, and I've noticed that whenever I double click on a given desktop app icon, the screen blacks out for about 2 seconds and then reappears. It doesn't do this when just simply double clicking anything else. I've also noticed that when I double click some desktop icon, such as Music for example (resulting in screen blackout), and then double click another desktop app icon, like Browser for example, the screen DOESN'T blackout, nor does it blackout upon opening any subsequent desktop apps. It only blacks out whenever I open up that first desktop app of any kind. Does anyone know what this could be about?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userXxd1ZhFy18
Asteroid

Re: Dex screen goes black whenever double clicking on mouse

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually, I figured out why it was doing the screen blackout. I have an app running in the background called "KnockOn" which enables me to turn the screen off by double tapping somewhere on the home screen, like LG phones. It also works while using Dex, so that's why the screen blacks out (then turns itself back on) when double clicking the mouse on the desktop. Problem solved!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userXxd1ZhFy18

Does it still open up the app that you double clicked on after coming back from the black out, or does it not open up the apps at all? Do you have it cooked up to an older monitor?

userXxd1ZhFy18
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually, I figured out why it was doing the screen blackout. I have an app running in the background called "KnockOn" which enables me to turn the screen off by double tapping somewhere on the home screen, like LG phones. It also works while using Dex, so that's why the screen blacks out (then turns itself back on) when double clicking the mouse on the desktop. Problem solved!

View solution in original post

userM6UdiFk8cW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have the same thing black screen