cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S8_User
Asteroid

DirecTV Now app never hides controls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The DirecTV Now app never hides the controls (e.g. Pause, Resize, etc.) on the phone which end up blocking the viewing area. I've checked the app on both a Google phone and an LG phone and this problem doesn't occur. The difference I've noticed is that the S8 has the proprietary resize to edge button that appears. Other than that, it is the same. 

I've tried disabling edge menu and stopping as many services as I can but the issue remains. I don't seem to be able to stop that resize to edge feature and I'm not sure that's what's causing the issue, but if anyone knows how to stop that or even the name of the service that does it, let me know so I can test it. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
S8_User
Asteroid

Re: DirecTV Now app never hides controls

JUMP TO SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useroxMdGlDKSb Have you checked with DirecTV to see if this is something they can help with?

S8_User
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have and only Samsung users are having the issue. DirecTV has said nothing about it themselves.

The only workaround (for anyone that comes across this) is to click on Closed Caption while in portrait mode, rotate into landscape mode, and tap once to remove the Rec - Closed Caption controls. If you do anything - change a channel, guide, etc. - you'll have to repeat the process. PITA but it works at least. 

S8_User
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user5eMlEt6vg5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well it seems to also occur on lg tablets

Highlighted
S8_User
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Latest app update has fixed the problem for me on the S8 (after many complaints on the DirecTV forums).

Syhd65
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

finally they fixed it . just update the directv now app .