cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angel815
Asteroid

Disney+ downloads disappearing

Does anyone know how to prevent Device Care from removing my Disney+ downloaded movies and shows?

I have my phone's auto-optimize turned on and the Disney+ app says that the videos were downloaded but removed from memory by the system although I have it set to download episodes and movies to my 64GB SD card.

My phone's internal storage has a little over 20GB available so I know that I am not low on storage

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Disney+ downloads disappearing

Do you know if the content is still available for streaming in the app?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Angel815
Asteroid

Sorry for the late response, and yes I can stream online. The problem occurs when I download a show/movie, then device care's auto-optimize occurs over night, and the next day when I'm not connected to the internet it shows my downloads in the Disney+ app but when I click on them to play it gives me the option to download it again and there is a little message that says that it was removed by the system.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried turning off auto-optimize and do you still experience these symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Angel815
Asteroid

Disney+ recognizes that I have downloaded the videos and when I manually optimize my phone in the Device Care app my downloads are still there even when in airplane mode. My downloads only dissapear when optimization occurs over night (I have it set to 1a.m.)

DJBadHand
Constellation

I'm having this same peoblem, but it's on my old Tab S2, which has an older OS that doesn't include Device Care, so I can't even setup auto-optimize, but my downloads are still disappearing. Was there ever any solution to this???

Disney+ says "Selected content was deleted in system settings or by the OS."

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I recommend reaching out to the Disney+ app developers regarding this.