cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userj3SGYmtDnv
Constellation

Does Smart Switch backup the secure folder?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I'm changing phone network, which requires me to perform a factory reset on my phone. I wish to backup my phone and restore it when I have changed network - does smart switch back up my phone's secure folder? I can't see it mentioned anywhere.

Thanks,

Henry

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Does Smart Switch backup the secure folder?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good question, @userj3SGYmtDnv.

Due to the way the Knox secure folder is made, you are unable to backup the data in this folder in order to ensure the utmost security for your data. However, all the other data on your device can be backed up using Smart Switch.

However, when you go into secure folder to uninstall it, it should give you an option to backup and uninstall; which basically moves everything from secure folder back to personal space on the internal SD card. You should then be able to migrate that information to the new phone and from there set up Secure Folder again. 

Hope this information helps a bit. Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good question, @userj3SGYmtDnv.

Due to the way the Knox secure folder is made, you are unable to backup the data in this folder in order to ensure the utmost security for your data. However, all the other data on your device can be backed up using Smart Switch.

However, when you go into secure folder to uninstall it, it should give you an option to backup and uninstall; which basically moves everything from secure folder back to personal space on the internal SD card. You should then be able to migrate that information to the new phone and from there set up Secure Folder again. 

Hope this information helps a bit. Smiley Happy 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useron3MzobJWY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Thank you for the advice you gave to @userj3SGYmtDnv. I have a very similar question/problem but I dind't change providers but did have my phone replaced. I've been able to use Smart Switch and it worked well. (Kudos!) But, as you confirmed in your reply, that doesn't provide the data/filed from the Personal Folder to the new phone. 

I want to try the solution that you recommended but I am concerned that if I attempt to uninstall the Personal Folder from my old phone, that it DOESN'T give me the option to backup and uninstall it, thus losing the files and data stored there.

How certain are you that I will be given that option on my Galaxy S8?

While I wait for your reply, I'll try to rediscover how to send filed between phones using the Bluetooth or some other means.

Thank you, in advance, for the helpful advice you've given to others here.

JWW

user4bQYvVhB66
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what is the solution if the display is broken, how to take the backup for secure folder.