cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usersWL7nvdtvv
Asteroid

Downgrading from June 2019

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it possible to downgrade from Pie 9. The firmware was made for the S9 and not the S8 and it shows. Could it be possible for you to provide a downgrade patch we can self implement for the phone as to not be bothered by the updater for future Pie 9 patches?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Downgrading from June 2019

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Samsung doesn't have any authorized way to revert the software to the previous version.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. Samsung doesn't have any authorized way to revert the software to the previous version.

View solution in original post

userPt0IMDnFEr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Well Samsung needs to fix this update quickly. If I wanted an iPhone, I wouldn't have bought a Samsung Galaxy! I'm currently out of contract and looking at new phones.  Might be getting a different brand than Samsung for the first time in 6 years! 

userVK4HFKGw8O
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too!!!!! I hate it!!!!

user5kHxe9TiKl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Me too! I loved my Galaxies until now! S8+, so many things don't work. I tried an iPhone years ago, found it counterintuitive, cumbersome, and generally a pain. Is this where we're headed? Just sick.

userBtIKPGLcpH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This update is HORRIBLE! I don't mind the new look, but the touch is EXTREMELY slow and I had a hard time figuring out how to answer my own phone!!! I don't WANT to upgrade my phone yet!!! Stop trying to make me!!!!!

usersWL7nvdtvv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just want people to know. I did not except this answer as a solution. 

userCwC8aJK8fo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well who there thought this was a good update!! I cant find anything. Barely see anything I love the way my phone was this update changed everything and you all clearly

@SamsungAdam wrote:

need to fix it

userDmxRGHnMc8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agreed!!!! I absolutely Hate this "upgrade". I cannot believe that Samsung has this many customers (mee included), that are now ready to switch to iPhone after being loyal Samsung customers for years... They have to fix this asap or I am gone for god.

userBK6Ztinwk7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sooooo, this is a S9 upgrade and S8s got caught in it? Funny thing, most of us users are probably done paying for these dang phones so this must mean we should buy new ones?

CALENDAR IS JACKED UP.  Good old calendar and phone book in purse. Screw it! I used to love Samsung. I'm about done with this!