cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Durabilty

I've been a Samsung Supporter for Many, Many years... in fact I own, nor have used any product made from that fruit company...  the last 2 models I have used (S7edge and S8) have been VERY Fragile... 

I just received a Samsung 8 as a repair replacement for a device and within a week and a very short overnight fall from the bed the glass in this phone (much like the last) is now broken.  I understand that glass is fragile... but heck, I’ve dropped a glass from the counter without breaking...  I thought the glass on these phones were hardened Gorilla glass... so VERY Disappointed.. 

Thanks for listening... just wanted to share a nickel’s worth of my two cents worth. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Durabilty

Put a decent case on the darn thing.  I've had a few Samsung phones over the years, dropped them all multiple times from various heights (NO, not on purpose).  Those heights were probably 6 feet/2 meters or less, because I am. 

Most were on hard surfaces.  Floors, driveways, my dog's head.  No broken anything on the phones.  I use Otter, but there are others that probably are/may be as good. 

BTW, my wife and my son have had the same experiences.  My son only managed to damage a phone by losing it in the reclining mechanism of a sofa.  They probably don't make a case that good.

Highlighted
Constellation

Agreed.... I havn't had the S8 long enough to acquire a case... the other phone(s) did have a case on it, albeit not an Otter...  (that thing looks like a shoe... lol).

Thanks for caring..

B.

Highlighted
Astronaut

sorry for that buddy! but the fact is everything fails
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I'm sorry to hear this. my phone just recently cracked and I have s20
Highlighted
Astronaut

I have had two Samsung Galaxy Actives and love them! even fell out of pants pocket and got slammed in car door and survived. sadly they quit making the Active but I understand they replaced it with the same type product but I don't remember the name. you can Google it. The difference is Actives have a built in case.