cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userevHcaXzTm2
Constellation

Echo with S8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently purchased the S8 on 5/17/17 at my local T-Mobile store. I noticed that when I play videos or I am watching my tv shows on my CHARTER SPECTRUM app, there is an echo. I called T-Mobile & spoke to a rep who told me that this shouldn't be happening & take it to my local T-Mobile store. I did that & was told by the store's sales rep that it wasn't the ph that it was in the apps. I don't think that this is so. Is anyone else having this same problem with their S8 ph?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Teresama67
Galaxy

Re: Echo with S8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have 14 days to exchange your phone @ store ..mine dosent do that but if you think maybe it's your phone then maybe just exchange it? 

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted
Teresama67
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have 14 days to exchange your phone @ store ..mine dosent do that but if you think maybe it's your phone then maybe just exchange it? 

userevHcaXzTm2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I returned the S8 that had the echo & got another one. The salesperson that helped me this time had told me weeks ago when I went there to get the S8+ that he had purchased the S8. I remembered that he told me that & asked him if it was suppose to have a echo sound. He said no. I told him that another salesperson said that it was the apps, but I knew it wasn't. Anyway, I have gotten another one & the sound is GREAT!  No echo whatsoever. I am glad I went to this forum & asked if anyone else had this problem & was it normal.

userbyUohlP5oS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

JoeMaru
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This isnt a solution for those who have had theirs for a while now i can't exchange my phone it had been 4 months and now it starts doing this!

user5v39Vt8xR0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having same problem with mine when I  watch videos, use google maps or google assistant.  It comes and goes,  echoes for a minute and then is back to normal then echoes again.  Unfortunately I cannot exchange it as it is after the 14 days. Any other way to fix this issue? Thx.

usermBpUuzrLRP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem with my s8, but I discovered the problem with it..  So you gotta go into "settings", then go to "sound and vibration", then scroll all the way down till you find "sound quality and effects", and there you'll see a setting called "concert hall". On my s8, that setting was enabled for whatever reason, but once you deactivate it, it solves the whole problem.. 

user6ksPnxj0tb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I changed my settings and took the concert hall effect off and now I'm back to normal.

usercs2IpYgCF6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for posting this!   I would never have thought to look there because it comes and goes so randomly!

user7zCYtFshSh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That worked.  It only happened when I was using media sites.  I watch Major League Baseball on my phone and it was echo chamber.  I change that setting and it worked.  The switch flip to concert probably happened during an update.