cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkRB
Constellation

Email App not synching with my gmail account

Over the last couple my samsung email app says it synchs with my gmail account, but my emails are not updated.  When I swipe down the app apears to be synching, and I receive the message, "Last synced [current time]" so it thinks it's up to date.  However, the invo

I am running version 6.0.03.20 which my phone tells me is the latest version.

If I go to settings and select "Server Setting" I don't get any errors when the app checks both incoming and outgoing settings.  I've turned synching on for ALL folders.  

4 REPLIES 4
Comet

Re: Email App not synching with my gmail account

Make sure Battery Saver are not on, usually it stops Syncs to Save battery. Also check setup of after how long will the email Syncs. Long press on Email app, then tap on App Info. Then tap on storage and then tap on Clear Cache. Also follow instructions in this link:

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37147

If this also doesn't work try to uninstall the app and install back again and see if it works. Note after uninstalling, you'll have to Sign In again with Gmail account.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

MarkRB
Constellation

Thanks for the quick reply.

Battery saver is not on. I should also note that allowing background data use and allow app while data saver on are both selected.

I cleared cache...no help.

I can't uninstall, disable, or force stop the app.

There is no uninstall available at long press.  Just a grayed out disable.  If I select the grayed out disable, I get the message, "can't disable email."  Long pressing the app then selecting "App info" as you suggest.  Presents me with grayed out "disable" and "force stop" buttons which aren't selectable. 

I should have noted that I could not uninstall and reinstall or force stop in my intial note.  Those are always my go to when an app's not working and it fixes over 90% of issues.

Highlighted
Comet

Ya, that's true I forgot Email app is Samsung's preinstalled app so it can't be uninstalled. In that case repeat the same instructions of long press but this time tap on Clear Data, it is almost same like uninstalling, also note you'll have to sign in again and see if it works. Also to make sure to go into Galaxy Store and Play store and Search for Email app and see if the update shows up there because latest version is supposed to be 6.0.04.6.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

MarkRB
Constellation

Well...that helped, but not in the way you intended.  ;-)

going to the play store, I saw a LOT of reviews showing the same problem since an update in mid July.  Unlike mine, they didn't call out gmail specifically (my exchange and hotmail accounts still worked) but they showed the same symptoms.  One reported stated he deleted the account and then readded it.

That seems do have done the trick.  In doing so, I had to regrant Samsung email access to my account.  I know they had an issue where they were sending and resending that message earlier this year, so perhaps they hosed something up in fixing that.  In any case, it's working now.  Thank you again for your offer to help.