cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Email print error, failed to change the settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Over last few days i cannot print emails from gmail, yahoo, samsung mail... after print preview loads and selecting print icon i get a message "Failed to change the setting, try again."  I have cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled mail apps, google, chrome, HP drivers etc.  Gmail is my primary email app.  I have a galaxy s8 active,  all apps and systems are updated.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Email print error, failed to change the settings

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found a solution... with 6 hours of research Google Chrome is now managing the Android System Webview that controls the print dialog.  Go to your play store account and search for Goggle Chrome and Google.  Select uninstall which removes the updates and my failed print issue went away.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have exactly the same issue but because my tablet has a virus called Samsung I can't delete Chrome only force stop it. Hasn't changed anything and I haven't changed any settings. I have deleted and reinstalled printer app to no avail.

Has to be a failed update by one of the big companies.  Who knows. Very very annoying.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have found a solution... with 6 hours of research Google Chrome is now managing the Android System Webview that controls the print dialog.  Go to your play store account and search for Goggle Chrome and Google.  Select uninstall which removes the updates and my failed print issue went away.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I disabled the chrome app and printing works again.  If I enable chrome, printing fails.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to google store and uninstalled chrome updates which now I'm running on an older version of chrome. Chrome seems to be working ok and I have my printing back. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Work around downloaded samsung mobile print from the play store.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i removed google chrome and still having same issues
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
workaround download samsung mobile print application
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a galazyA10e that wont print from any email app. Ive tried disabiling chrome and tried using the mobile print app. The mobile print app wont find my printer. I can connect to the printer and print from a text or saved just not from email since my last update.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just fixed mine. I went into the play store and unistalled the update for android system web view. Then I set it for now to not auto update. So far all works again!