cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user7IJnwbJDzk
Constellation

Ethernet for Samsung Galaxy S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an adapter for Ethernet to USB type c that works perfectly for my laptop but when I plug it into my S8+, nothing happens. The below screenshot shows no response from the Ethernet setting button.

The adapter does have a HDMI and a USB a port that work for the phone just not the Ethernet my friend also has the same problem on his S8. Does anyone have a solution

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user7IJnwbJDzk
Constellation

Re: Ethernet for Samsung Galaxy S8+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have you just need to turn of WiFi and it should work but, sometimes it can take awhile to kick in

11 REPLIES 11
Ålejandro
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you found a way to use Ethernet on the S8?

user7IJnwbJDzk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have you just need to turn of WiFi and it should work but, sometimes it can take awhile to kick in

THEJOE29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this apply to the S7 too? 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermQ3Yq5G4BO I know the connectors would not be the same, since the DeX was made with the S8 and Note 8 series in mind so I would recommend starting another thread looking for suggestions on connecting the two. 

THEJOE29
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Dude, you RULE!!
user6AqvOHOnzc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was able to connect to internet via ehternet cable with both my Galaxy S8 and my Tab S2 . About a month ago it stopped working for both. Now when I go to More connection setings  "Ethernet" is greyed out. Has Samsung made a software change? 

For phone S8 I'm using USB208A FC adapter and for Tablet S2 an SMAYS adapter. 

Would appreciate some help,

Finbarr

user6AqvOHOnzc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This solution does not work for my Galaxy S8!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The only way I know of is with Samsung Dex. Before you buy one I have one but many applications will not launch with the Dex enabled. I am not aware of any support for USB-C network adapters. There are a few on the market but each has only a small number of supported devices.

Highlighted
user6AqvOHOnzc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't believe that the adaptor is the problem.  When i select More connection settings, the "Ethernet" button is greyed out. This is the case for my Galaxy S8 as well as my Tab S2. This feature just stopped working. Why????????

Finbarr