I finally decided to bit the bullet and upgrade to Pie hoping for the best.
After updating, then factory resetting, then restoring contacts, texts etc through Smart Switch and the cloud service, storage usage was still minimal and just fine.
However, about a day after, there is about 20+ gigs of "system data" usage that I just can't track down. Throughout the day when this happened, I was not even connected to a cell network, much less data, as I was not within service range.
Things I have tried:
- Factory reset (of course)
- Clearing cache partition (I knew this wouldn't help)
- The *#9900* then clearing logs advice I found online
- Checking the storage usage of ALL apps, even system apps
- Using the "DiskUsage" App to try to track it down. (Screenshot attached)
- Built in storage analyzer/cleaner, CCleaner, Norton Clean
Also, I have removed all large files that could be constituted as "Other"
Does anyone have any idea of what it could be?