cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userN3jYMRpEOr
Constellation

Extremely low volume

Recently, my Galaxy S8 has extremely low volume. Couldn't hear anything with max volume. I googled, the solution asked me to log in first. What I found out is that the solution was permanently deleted. I will continue to search, but might have to buy another phone. I will give Samsung one star for this.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Pyro1
Explorer

Re: Extremely low volume

Have you checked the s8s bottom speaker for dust or anything blocking it? Case etc...

Twitchy_On_S7
Astronaut

you might have damaged the speaker. try taking it to a store

RolfVonHessen
Cosmic Ray

@userN3jYMRpEOr wrote:

Recently, my Galaxy S8 has extremely low volume. Couldn't hear anything with max volume.

Does that happen with all output devices ? Internal speakers, line-out, bluetooth ? If yes, it's a software or configuration issue : have you set all volume controls correctly, does a reboot help, could you try to wipe the partition cache ? It not, what works, what doesn't ?

userN3jYMRpEOr
Constellation

Thanks all for your comments. The speaker is fine when play music. The issue is with small speaker at the top, also the line out. It feels a phone app issue. The earphone volume is fine when play music too. When it service s phone calls, the volume turns to be very low. I have tried reboot, safe mode, uninstall some apps, reset, nothing worked. I will continue on this and will update you with any progress. Overall I love this phone, but it failed on an phone interview, that made worries a lot.