cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
useridhU1ptuLW
Asteroid

Facebook: S8+ freezes when I try to open multi-photo display, but doesn't on my Note 4!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I still have my Note 4 (while considering whether to keep this S8+). Both have the Facebook app on the phone and are current. Yet when I click on a post that has multiple photo's (displays as a collage usually with a "+" and number of additional photos posted), the Note 4 will open it for me to see all of the photos posted, while my S8+ just freezes. I hit the back button and I am "unfrozen" but I can't figure out how to see the other photos that are not part of the original collage displayed.  Clicking on the (+11) will not open on S8+ phone. Please advise.

S+ issue.png 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: S8+ freezes when I try to open multi-photo display, but doesn't on my Note 4!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @useridhU1ptuLW
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

52 REPLIES 52
Honored Contributor

Re: S8+ freezes when I try to open multi-photo display, but doesn't on my Note 4!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @useridhU1ptuLW
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

useridhU1ptuLW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That worked!  Thank you!  I've only had the phone 4 days,  so I didn't think about it needing an update!  

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem!

I'm pretty sure it's not something most people would consider after just 4 days, but with little updates going out all the time, it never hurts to check. Glad something easy could get you back up and running!  Smiley Happy

userkKKFSlZ8RE
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue and I've had this phone for a few months. All apps are up to date! I click on the photos and the phone just freezes instead of pulling up the pictures. Super frustrating. ...

usersYNg0Yje5H
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this issue too and have one just bought my phone. It's very frustrating. I have tried all the suggested fixed above but none are working 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is the application completely up to date? 

userqFuqfEVF51
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I just checked the phone and app are both updated 

userbTMFpGqNUi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an s9+ I have the same issue. I did all steps above too. Funny I never had a problem with my s7.. pls fix 

userbZNRcIJx3f
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here