cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook installed but goes to Google Play Store every time I open

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have installed Facebook on my Samsung 8; however, every time I click the icon on my phone it opens Google Play Store and I have to click Open on Facebook. How do I get it to stick? Screen shot attached. You can see the app name is in parantheses, which it is not for other installed apps.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Facebook installed but goes to Google Play Store every time I open

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I found was that when I Installed the app from the Playstore, it was installing a separate shortcut icon on a second screen. So I deleted the original I started with, that was launching the Playstore everytime I clicked it, and moved the new icon to my home page where I keep all my faves.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Weird! 

So you can never open from the app icon itself? How long has this been going on? Also, is there anything you've already tried? 

You should be able to download this from the Galaxy App store as well if I'm correct.

I would try uninstalling from the Play Store and installing the Facebook app from the Galaxy store to see if that makes a difference. Worth a shot. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Whilst waiting for a reply, I fiddled a bit and found I was able to create a new Facebook shortcut and clicking this icon immediately opens Facebook. Deleted the other one. Have no idea why the first one chose not to work properly. But thank you for replying.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad you got it sorted out. That was really weird wasn't it?

So are you still using the Facebook app icon? Was it a separate download in the Play Store?

Just wanting to know for future reference here. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I found was that when I Installed the app from the Playstore, it was installing a separate shortcut icon on a second screen. So I deleted the original I started with, that was launching the Playstore everytime I clicked it, and moved the new icon to my home page where I keep all my faves.

View solution in original post