cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Smithpspfan
Cosmic Ray

Find my mobile is missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I cannot find the option for Samsung's "Find My Mobile" in my Verizon Galaxy S8 settings. My Android version is Pie. Does Google's find my device conflict/replace the option in the device settings?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung_qDBWmWZ
Astronaut

Re: Find my mobile is missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Google's "find my device" IS what you should be looking for.

It works regardless of your carrier.

If you need additional device location, go to your carrier's portal or just buy burner phones...

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

only find my mobile that i can locate on my device is the google verison of Find my moblie

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Samsung Care Ambassador

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
Highlighted
Samsung_qDBWmWZ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Google's "find my device" IS what you should be looking for.

It works regardless of your carrier.

If you need additional device location, go to your carrier's portal or just buy burner phones...

Smithpspfan
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But Samsung's Find my mobile is a thing to. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076975/

Smithpspfan
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I figured it out. Verizon blocked this feature on the Samsung devices that operate above Android version 5.0.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah i have verizon also i have to use the google find my device and it works great 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Samsung Care Ambassador

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
Smithpspfan
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@GaryB82 I'm sorry but it is nothing compared to the options that comes with Samsung's Find My Mobile. We have to settle for everything Google. If I was Samsung, I would tell Verizon to free my chains of Restrictions or don't expect the S10 5G to be delivered. But nope, they keep kissing Verizon's feet while Apple gets away with no restrictions and no Verizon bloatware. Could Apple be behind this? I guess we will never know. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️