cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
User Paul
Asteroid

Firmware updates for US unlocked Galaxy S8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where would I get firmware udpates for a US unlocked Galaxy S8? I bought this off Amazon on Prime day and it has G950U1UEU1AQE3. My carrier T-Mobile has different firmware version numbers that don't match. They start G950US.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Firmware updates for US unlocked Galaxy S8

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should still get the updates over the air. You can also try utilizing our Smart Switch tool with your computer to locate and install any available updates. 

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should still get the updates over the air. You can also try utilizing our Smart Switch tool with your computer to locate and install any available updates. 

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userTkMDKTz3Um
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm still wondering if I have the latest update on my US unlocked Galaxy S8 plus on Verizon. G955U1UEU1AQH3. Seems like it's been on that forever. Any ideas?
userEICGLa4IRr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same question.  Unlocked S8 + on G955U1UEU1AQH3. 

The unlocked S8+ has not been updated in a very long time. 

Highlighted
userTkMDKTz3Um
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I sometimes feel like we get forgotten about. Still says my latest security patch is August. 😣
User Paul
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMel wrote:

Thank you. I received an over the air (OTA) update that solved my Bluetooth choppiness issue. I'm now running Build Number NRD90M.G950U1UEU1AQH3. I don't recall exactly when I received the update. The kernel is dated Aug 8, 2017 and after applying it the Bluetooth choppy issue went away completely.

usere9d6wNiH0Y
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Paul,

I have purchased Galaxy S8 unlock US version from Amazon, I am using this handset in India, Till now I did not get any OREO update here. Every time when I check for software update it shows me you have already used latest firmware. Can you please tell me how to get Oreo update.

Thanks

Rohit 

BlankityBlank
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

According to this website 8.1 should start releasing next week for S8 owners:

https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-canada-galaxy-note-8-galaxy-s8-galaxy-s7-845047/

user3hjD16o3nK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Have the same issue. S8+ bought in US and now i am using in India. the last security patch applied was in Aug 2017. Iam not able to use work email becuase of this issue. THis is a major problem for me. I traveling the next few weeks and want to access mails on the go

How can i get the latest security patches installed on my phone?

Regards

Praneeth

praneethpentakota@gmail.com

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend trying, utilizing our Smart Switch tool with your computer to locate and install any available updates.