cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Re: Flashlight and camera not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doing a factory re-set didn't help either. I checked prior to restoring the data, so it was just the phone, no other apps, and I still got the notifications that two apps can't use the phone at the same time.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. Any solutions?

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone found a solution to this issue?  Mine just started doing this last week, I am getting the same messages.  Thank you for any help!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, have you recently updated your device? Can you test your device while in safe mode? If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Give this link a try to test your device in safe mode: 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

You may also wipe the cache partition: 

The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly.

Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device: 

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device

Please let me know if you continue to experience these symptoms.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yesterday this problem occurred to me with my s7 edge and none of the proposed solutions worked .... I even did a factory re-set and nothing ...

also my s7 edge did not suffer any blow or anything, hours before I realized I used the flashlight and then when I wanted to take a photo I realized the problem

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

If the symptoms persist after performing the troubleshooting mentioned, I would be happy to look into your concerns if you will just send me a private message with the below information here at this link: https://bit.ly/2SUXRar  

Model code:
IMEI Number:

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the same problem, a few of the fixes above worked a couple times only for it to happen again! At the end of last year or the very beginning of this year a new update fixed my camera, but once again months later it stopped AGAIN! I loved this phone and still have it, was praying for maybe another update that would fix it, I have done every trick possible, nothing is working to fix the camera/flashlight issue!😭
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This exact same issue is happening to me.  Phone is fully up to date.  I have tried booting into safe mode, and problem remains.  I have tried clearing the cache and no change. Anyone find a solution to this problem?

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am having the same problem. I have read through this thread and performed all suggested fixes. I am also on the most current version. nothing is helping! help!!
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If none of the troubleshooting listed in the thread here has helped, repairs would be recommended. You can seek a local walk-in repair center using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/?product=N0054182

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.